ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RPC 1722 error

Rav4
Hi there,

I am re-installing sophos in one of our offices.

Trying to push it to 40 machines.

18 machines are having RCP 1722 errors when I try to view the services, consequently, these are the machines that I cannot push sophos onto it.

Many websites contradict the information which they are stating, many say it could be a virus, other say crazy stuff.

The firewall settings are all the same through all the machines.

Any ideas?

Rav4
Yes they are, all on IE7. All machines on XP SP2, so don't understand why some are ok and some are not.

Most of the machines have been rebuilt, so not quite sure why the config differs.

I am confused.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Back in the dark days of manually installing Sophos, there were random occasions when we had to disable the Windows Firewall during the procedure. Then once on, we just enabled it again.

D.

What ports do you have open on the firewall? RPC comms come in over 135 and the endpoint mapper will then assign a dynamic port. If you only have a subset of ephemeral port range used (Typcially 1025-5000) open, you may get intermittent 1722 errors.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Back in the dark days of manually installing Sophos, there were random occasions when we had to disable the Windows Firewall during the procedure. Then once on, we just enabled it again.

D.

^ What he said

Noticed the same in a Sophos push out at a previous job... WF *HAD* to be off on XP, and definitely off on Vista for it to go through