ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RT and 16inch wheels

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, i wanna put some 16s on my RT, ive seen an RT before that had em on, so i know they go on, but, what do i need to do to get them to fit well, and not just be squeezed in with rubbin/other problems

i know ill have to remove the crap guard from the front but what about the rear, and can i get away with my RT arches or will i need 16v ones

any advice/comments welcome

You cant put 16v arches on the back easily.

My 195/50/15 rub on the arch lip - nasty stuff. If you get a different offset youll probably be ok!

Rob on his GreenRT had it about 55mm on the front and 70 on the back - worked fine, but he did have 16v arches on the front - and they caught it a little bit from what I can remember on full lock!

Daz.

Skoda Fabia vRS

nah i meant the front arches mate !

my car wont be as low as that, i am getting coilovers though so ill be able to fine tune it....

should i go for a higher or lower offset ?......standard offset is 36

as long as u get the proper offset mate its a piece of pish!!

my 195/45/r16s used to rub on the front when entering a tight turn hard but its lowerd 55 at the front on f**ked shocks!!!u dont need to remove the front liners as the tyres rub them away at only 2 bits!!and 1 of them is when ur on full lock which still rubs even if u remove them!!!

mine was lowerd what i roughly thought was 80-90 but when chris raised it 80 it still had a 40 mm drop from standard!!when i first got it lowerd the guy said about 130 but i didnt believe him cos i miscounted 20mm in an inch instead of the correct 25 oops!!anyway unless ur gonna do what i done looked cool handled sh*t!!dont bother about the rears inner archs either!

ps i had to remove them and file a slice of the bumper mount to get them on!!

car handles so much better now its raised!

but get the valver archs anyway cos it looks better:D

80-90mm? Youd need coilovers for that drop!

As for Valver arches, yea, they look nice - but, Wide arches at the front and not at the back can look a bit odd to some people!

the only thing is that they look like 15s wi the kit on:cry:

and i cant go to 17s cos the kit would have to be f**ked about with again!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

so, i CAN fit 16s without too much messin about, an ill be ok on 195/45/16 tyres, cos i dont really wanna go down to 40s as the ride will be too hard

what offset should i go for

i cant remember what mine are mate iv had them to long sorry!!im pretty sure they were the correct fitment for the clio at the time!!

phone up prima theyl tell u!

what kind of wheels u getin?

yeah ul get them on no probs!have u got good shockys on the front?and how much u lowerd by?cos when the front catchs the arch it pulls out the lip and f**ks up the paint!

Skoda Fabia vRS

well, im gettin coilovers so i might wait with the wheels til ive got those on

correct offset for Clio is 36.....but wheel places usually do 35 or 38

im lowered 35mm at the front

ill be gettin Speedline Turinis like on the 172 Cup

nice wheels mate good choice!

35 will be fine as mine dropped 55 only caught on tight turns!and with coilovers it should handle like a dream!

how much u getn them 4 m8?

Skoda Fabia vRS

the wheels or the coilovers ?

actually both are with a cliosport discount, so join up an u will find out hehe

already joined up mate but it could take up 2 14 days b4 i get my pack so still got 9 days 2 wait!

bargain aint it 6pound something it was 20 to join rsc

I paid £7 and got a small interior sticker - bargain.

Paid for itself easily going to Brands and getting that ticket free.. well worth it. Plus, you get an extra star. hah!

I was going to get 16s but went for the safe option and got 15s. Atleast you can then lower it a bit more without too much trouble. I hope.

i jus got some new tyres i used to av 195/45/15 but there f**ked there on the bricks! so today went and got some 195/50/15 and for some reason they look HUGE! i only got the fronts on at the mo!

wot does everyone else av?

clio 20v

clio offset is 37mm standard thats what is ses on my original valver rims an willy rims a higher offset wheel will be moved inwards and a lower offset wheel will stick out more

a wheel with a higher offset can be brought down to the correct offset by using a spacer

adi

one small area they might catch on the rear is jsut at the abck of the arch lip, where the metal meets the edge of the plastic bumper. Take a small dolley and shaping hammer and gently tap it flat or flare it a teeeeeeeny weeeeeny bit, it wont catch anymore, i didnt need to remove the rear sh*t guards, even with my high profile 15s.

i have a question and you have to forgive me for sounding a bit dumb but im a girl and know nothing much about cars. sorry :).

Anyway, I have a bog standard 92 RT and have just put some alloy wheels on it. however, the alloys are bigger than the original wheels. they are 15 in as opposed to 13 in . the alloys were originally on a golf gti. is this ok? the back right bit of trim rubbed the wheel slightly but i have sorted that now. (dont ask me how cos you dont wanna know!)

someone told me that you have to be careful what wheels you put on cos of handling etc....

different cars need different offsets, the girl i bought my Alloys off had them on her RT and a polo so im guessin there the same!

clio 20v

yeh vw golfs and clios are exactly same pcd and offset hence i just borrowed the 17s off my girlfriends mk3 golf, and u sometimes see valver rims on golfs

adi