ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rust on rear arch

The Beast MK4
Ive got a rather nasty patch of rust and developing rust further down on my drivers side rear arch. It should have been dealt with late last season before the winter but didn't have the time or money to get it into the bodyshop. Its a 1999 Mk2 Phase 1. It should be going into the bodyshop in early April but is there much they can do with this without replacing the panel? Any ideas of cost?

Cheers

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Jonaldinho/New/100_0568.jpg :dead:

Octavia VRS
I can give you my cousin's number if you want mate and see if you can get a estimate from him? Pm me if you wanna

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
They will cut that section out and weld in a new section.

Thats how they do most of them IIRC
since its a common problem.

Get some kurust over it to stop it getting worse untill it reaches the bodyshop.

The Beast MK4
Im just going to get my local man to do it Kenny to save a trip anywhere. Got him to do my new bonnet when it decided to pay me a visit in the middle of the road so I know his work and pricings good.

And cheers Has sounds rather expensive :(

Especially as there is more further down as well :mad:

Punto/Clio GTT
shouldnt need any welding done to that, aint big enough, just grind it all out and fibreglass it. mainly surface.
cost? depends how friendly you are with him, 150-200 ide say

The Beast MK4
Its done 62k Clio G-B. As ive already said it should have been sorted at the end of last summer but unfortunately circumstances were against me.

Guess ive just been unlucky with that arch as the other is completely fine. Plus im out in the countryside and the over gritted roads havent helped. Hopefully all will be sorted soon. :)

Lots of Alfas
Thats unlucky Jonaldinho, I have never seen rust on a mk2 like that before. Do you live near the sea? It should have a anti corrosion warranty if its got a full service book of stamps.