ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa Pod - Saturday 21st June - All Welcome

BG182ff,explod Focus
Unless the garage gets a move on and sorts out my box I might be out too unless I take the Focus down the strip.
0-60 in 25sec and a cloud of diesel smoke I reckon. Is there a prize for the slowest car?

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I guess I win by default because no ones man enough to face me on the blacktop!

Guess i'll have to go Impreza killing again,
(as long as they f*ck up their launch, gear changes and have a misfire like last time)
Inch or a mile, winnings winning, just ask any real racer.

BG182ff,explod Focus
True CS form lol dropping like flies;)

Think I may have found the reason for the misfire after the inlet manifold was removed

image_2.jpg

That's fresh carbon and bright shiny metal from where the insulation broke down on two of the HT leads and they arced over to the manifold instead of making my spark plugs go sparky spark spark.

As long as the gearbox gets sorted i'll be there.:race:

Gaaaaaaayy x

+3

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Mk4 gti mate

I had a blast with one on one the A444 in Cov,
we came off a roundabout and I thought 'no problem see ya',
then his turbo spooled up like the Fast and the Furious
and he f*cked off into the distance making me look a right c*nt. lol

They can be bloody quick if modded properly.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice ! 150 or 180 ? any mods or pics ?

150 dave std at the min apart from hks filter will see it at pod going rat look

Sticker bomb
Rust

All stuff I wasn't allowed to do in the clio lol

Getting it running sound first changing all hoses eliminate boost any little leaks

It's nice to think that if I bolt a part on im actually going to get a gain!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a blast with one on one the A444 in Cov,
we came off a roundabout and I thought 'no problem see ya',
then his turbo spooled up like the Fast and the Furious
and he f*cked off into the distance making me look a right c*nt. lol

They can be bloody quick if modded properly.

Yeh with correct mods

Air filter
Cat back exhaust
Better intercooler
Remap

Should see me 240bhp

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
What time are people looking to get to Pod for? Gates open at 8 and runs start at 9:30. If we know what time people want to arrive for, we can meet at M6 South at Corley Services at an appropriate time.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Its about 90 minutes...so suggest we meet at 6:45 for a 7:00 departure time from M6 Corley Services Southbound (near M6 J3).

Flol.

Mike if i can get my box out and back in my drive with new clutch and shafts in 9hours im sure these guys will have you up and running.

Mike you probably are but i highly advise getting a new selector seal fitted whilst its apart;)

Don Have been told by a couple tonight that there is no need for us to rock up till at least 9am.

So im thinking another hour in bed. Entirely your call mate:)

Flol.

Mike if i can get my box out and back in my drive with new clutch and shafts in 9hours im sure these guys will have you up and running.

Mike you probably are but i highly advise getting a new selector seal fitted whilst its apart;)

@Don Have been told by a couple tonight that there is no need for us to rock up till at least 9am.

So im thinking another hour in bed. Entirely your call mate:)
Don

There you go mate ;)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I just read their guide and it doesn't mention anything about having wearing something with sleeves,
I remember at Shakespeare raceway you had to have your arms covered.

Might bring a top just in case, unless anyone's been before and can confirm t-shirts are fine?

I went last year and run but cannot remember what i had on or noticed anyone else for that matter.

You will soon find out as the bloke who oks you to pull forward is the grumpiest bloke i have ever met.

Even more grumpier than Don:rasp: