ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo VTS as a track car

Skoda Fabia VRS
I feel like I should slide myself in here. I've got a fair amount of mods for sale as I'm currently breaking mine OP.

266mm Brakes
Buckers/harnesses/subframes
VTS Wheels with AD08R's

PM me if you want to talk further, I don't really like sales pitches and hijacking.

Car looks very very clean, going to be a cracking base.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yep VTS for sure, they will go up as we all remember them, most are thrashed or dead so peoples desire to own a little bit of their yooooof will mean the few left will go up

Skoda Fabia VRS
MK2's will not go up in value, they've been dropping drastically since circa 2014. The MK1's will, as there really is very little left.
106 GTi's have also taken a plummet lately, but then you get the usual idiots adding Sundance/Cheery tax to their cars.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
MK2's will not go up in value, they've been dropping drastically since circa 2014. The MK1's will, as there really is very little left.
106 GTi's have also taken a plummet lately, but then you get the usual idiots adding Sundance/Cheery tax to their cars.

Why are mk1's so desirable over mk2's? Finding any VTS in this condition is nothing short of f**king miraculous i tend to disagree with you.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Why are mk1's so desirable over mk2's? Finding any VTS in this condition is nothing short of f**king miraculous i tend to disagree with you.
Because they're older, less common and effectively rarer. I never said they're more desirable, and this isn't also my point, it's just a fact that they are (and will continue to be) worth more than MK2's. MK2's tend to be used as track cars more, due to people not wanting to mess around with a MK1.

I can't wait to post the picture of my MK1 shell being scrapped.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nothing like scrapping a classic.....

Coops is naughty.jpg

Megane 250
Gonna jump in here.

Saxo's/106's are brilliant track cars, the running costs are so cheap... can buy an engine with bigger cams and change for the price of an F4R belt change.

I've got a 106 GTi, with a fairly decent spec, satchel itbs, safety devices cage etc

Best thing for these cars is to lose the weight, sticky tyres and better brakes and then go from there.

I use 266mm brakes with mintex 1144 pads and mtec dimpled and grooved discs, it stops better than my megane with brembos.

Suspension wise, I'm using Gaz GHA's, but it's down to preference, a lot of others use B8's with Faulkners, gas do have damping and height adjustability though...

Skoda Fabia VRS
Gonna jump in here.

Saxo's/106's are brilliant track cars, the running costs are so cheap... can buy an engine with bigger cams and change for the price of an F4R belt change.

I've got a 106 GTi, with a fairly decent spec, satchel itbs, safety devices cage etc

Best thing for these cars is to lose the weight, sticky tyres and better brakes and then go from there.

I use 266mm brakes with mintex 1144 pads and mtec dimpled and grooved discs, it stops better than my megane with brembos.

Suspension wise, I'm using Gaz GHA's, but it's down to preference, a lot of others use B8's with Faulkners, gas do have damping and height adjustability though...
Aren't you the guy who can't drive?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I absolutely loved my vts and really regret getting rid when the gearbox went. Should have just sorned it and got it sorted. It wasn't the best example though.

Looks like you've found a cracker there.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Just to confirm I have been told by the wife that I am building this in to a track car for the ring in August and no you cant keep it to flog later no matter how good it is ..............

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I regret taking all the interior out of my 106. The weight difference was minimal at best but I suppose you get the race car feelz.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I regret taking all the interior out of my 106. The weight difference was minimal at best but I suppose you get the race car feelz.

The car is only for track and driving to tracks so this will be ok .

The rear bits and spare wheel I make around the 50 Kg mark so it all helps .

Alan

Listerine & Poledo
then it's time for:-
Plastic windows.
Drilling out 50% of the plastic in the bumpers....because aero isn't a thing at all.
Side-exit zorst (shorter = lighter)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
then it's time for:-
Plastic windows.
Drilling out 50% of the plastic in the bumpers....because aero isn't a thing at all.
Side-exit zorst (shorter = lighter)

Im not going that far just easy bits that unbolt so im about done on the Kg saving .