ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scenic shifter info needed

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Mine's a bit different to yours, however the outer sleeve came away from the inner bit of mine which meant that the full thing didn't lift up so I couldn't get reverse.

I just slapped aload of Gorilla Glue on it and it's been fine ever since.

I did think about gluing it but I thought the force which the cable pulls down on it would just pull it apart when I try to select reverse, hmm.

@NorthloopCup do you know if any cars share this sleeve thing which i could buy?

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get the sleeve of with breaking it? I very nearly done what's happened to yours when trying to remove it for bending it back.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't get the notification either davyy,
I think the best repair might involve replacing the lift up collar complete,
I don't have any scenic shifters in at the moment to rob for bits unfortunately, but I'll rebuild it for you if you if you could find the part from renault or get someone to make you a metal tube version instead, I think @dann2707 made one from scratch

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone know how to get the sleeve of with breaking it? I very nearly done what's happened to yours when trying to remove it for bending it back.

Remove the gear knob, knock the pin through then it should slide off.

@bashracing thank you very much for the offer! Its currently on my kitchen side, with gorilla glue trying to work its magic. Im hoping the glue hasnt stuck the sleeve too the shaft!!

I picked up a scenic shifter from my local scrappy for about £10, maybe worth trying to replace it? If you think it's working, install it, and in a few weeks time it fails, you might be stuck without reverse, for a very silly reason!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I picked up a scenic shifter from my local scrappy for about £10, maybe worth trying to replace it? If you think it's working, install it, and in a few weeks time it fails, you might be stuck without reverse, for a very silly reason!

Yeah thats gone through my head mate. Ive called two local scrappys to see if they have any old scenics in and no luck. Taking it down to a bodyshop at 2 who think they'll be able to plastic weld it.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Any mk1 scenic 96-03 will fit,
Obviously not auto,
The whole front end of the car, brakes, hubs, struts, subframe etc are Clio sport fitment too

AB 182
Might be a stupid question, but how could I tell if mine has had a yanoo fitted. Bought 2nd hand and didn't specify, but has red bushes on it, will try to get a pic up! Thanks for any help.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Red bushes at the bottom? They're standard ones I think. You should be able to tell because it has 0 play in neutral, and creaks if you push it left to right.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Mine will be for sale soon, modified scenic lever (bent 45 degrees to mimic the original shifter) with phase 1 ball gearknob and yanoo insert, new lower bushes.