ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

second set of wheels...advice pls

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

Hey, i have 17 oz superleggeras with yokohama A539, 205 40 17 ultra low profile as my existing road wheels at the mo.The car is lowered roughly an inch all round {may get coilovers}, they look the nuts but performance is obviously sh*te so im lookin to get a spare set....should i go for 15 or 16...has anyone got 15s? if so wots the performance like, wot size rubber etc? i think the original 172 alloys were 16s not sure tho, thanks :oops:

yeah originals are 16s! Haitch you really finding performance is that diff with supers? and low profiles?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

ya m8, its a combination thing...iv got gtt springs on the front and jus adjusted at the back and with it lowered and the ultra low profile its a "firm" ride, coilovers would help as u can adjust. as for performance when u boot it there is a fair amount of wheel spinnage...not my driving he he. Also one wheel rubs at the back slightly on full lock its nothing really but its still gettin me! iv had the rivets shaved down in the arch and it rolled, this is mainly due to the "ridge" around the A539 tho. I believe a smaller wheel spins faster {more revolutions} and has a smaller surface area so the weight of ur car is more concentrated so has more grip...giving improved performance. If im waffling im sure sum do-gooder on here will tell u otherwise :oops:

oh you mean handling! have you noticed a big drop in acceleration tho? i wouldve thought with lightweight sups and low profiles it should be fine?!

Clio 200 FF

if you fitted 15s then the gearing would be too short - lower top speed, slower acceleration, the 172 is geared to 16s with 55 profile tyres

i dont understand why people have problems with 17s on 172s i dont have any trouble at all makes bugger all difference to performance that i can tell but imho :)

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

Dannyboy...mines the "standard" silver colour n im from aldershot in case u thought u saw it, gettn utopia spoiler soon then mit do sum pics. Dogmaul...u had urs lowered? U got oz on ur 721 thingy? :oops: