ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv and airbag light

Clio
Hi guys i recently brought a clio dynamique 1.2 2005 car, and it drive all good, but the serv and airbag light on the dash always stay on, i tryed moving the wires under the seats but its still stays on, any other ideas how to make them go off

Clio
There even black tape to cover up the light serv and airbag

Attachments

• 20170722_204936.jpg
    20170722_204936.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 77
  Clio RS 172 2002
Don't just move the wires under the seat: disconnect them, spray both with contact cleaner, connect and disconnect them several times to get the contacts really clean, the re-connect them firmly and position the socket so it doesn't hang. Do the wires under both the driver and passenger seats.

Clio
Thanks for the reply, how do i removed them, do they just pull out or do i have to unscrew anythings, its my first car aswell and i dont wanna make it any worse than it is now

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
They disconnect by pulling. If your unsure and have an auto electrician local pop it into them.

Clio
Just had the car plugged in, had 8 faults now down to 2 faults and its either airbag ecu or airbag squib, there dear to buy and easy to out on myself, as i just paid £50 to have the car tested

Golf Mk6 tdi
Just had the car plugged in, had 8 faults now down to 2 faults and its either airbag ecu or airbag squib, there dear to buy and easy to out on myself, as i just paid £50 to have the car tested

Part of this doesn't make any sense! To confirm what I think you have written:

Had 8 faults cleared and only 2 are now present?
Possibly the airbag ecu or squib?
You paid someone £50 to half diagnose the issue?
Now wondering how difficult the job is to fix yourself to save money?

Where are you located?

172 cup
I think at some point in it's life it's had a bump / little crash!

U will need to get the airbag ECU wiped as it will have stored crashed data on it ( £20 off eBay) i sent mine off and had it bk pritty fast! Once that's done u might have to get it tested again to see if anything like the inpact sensors need replacing or anything like that

Clio
I think at some point in it's life it's had a bump / little crash!

U will need to get the airbag ECU wiped as it will he stored crashed data on it ( £20 off
eBay) i sent mine off and had it bk pritty fast! Once that's done u might have to get i
t tested again to see if anything like the
inpact sensors need replacing or anything like that
Hi mate wont it be easy just to buy another ecu

172 cup
Has the car been in a bump mate? No mate it's easyer to send it off and get it cleared! It's 20 pounds and takes no time at all! If u get a second hand one Evan with the same codes that are on top u still have to get it coded to the car

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170729-202418.png
    Screenshot_20170729-202418.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
  Clio
Has the car been in a bump mate? No mate it's easyer to send it off and get it cleared! It's 20 pounds and takes no time at all! If u get a second hand one Evan with the same codes that are on top u still have to get it coded to the car
Im not to sure if its been in a bump or not, but it has a dent on driver side so it might of, but funny thing is on the dash theres black tap over serv and airbag light,