ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setup for trackday

dRk

Clio Sport 2 ph2
I'm going to trackday next weekend. I would like to ask for a hint on how to set up a car or something to improve.
I have Eibach Sportline springs and standard shock absorbers, rear camber -2.0, front -0.50 and semi slick 195/50/15.
What is the optimal tires pressure. What brakes to use ds 2500 on the front and rear or only on the front and standard on the rear?
Thank you for every suggestion.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What track
You need more camber, what's the toe?
What tyres?
Pads are 'ok'
Rear, stick standard in.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Check brake fluid too. Braided lines? I'd go for more camber on the front.

Clio 172
My set-up for track is:
Front
-2.5 camber
Just over 3 castor
5mins toe out either side

Rear
-1.5 camber
Neutral toe

Get a set of camber bolts for the front and have it set with as much negative camber as possible, you'll get around - 2.5 max. Leave the rear camber if fairly even and what's the rear toe? Neutral is predictable..

Front pads get something track spec, Ferodo, Carbone Lorraine, Mintex etc. Rears leave standard as they don't do much.

Semi slick track tyres in that size should be around 30psi hot pressure, maybe start with 26f/27r then after a few laps come in and adjust. You can play about through the day with pressures to find a nice balance in handling.

See below for guidance:

http://www.trackdayguru.com/tyre-management.html

dRk

Clio Sport 2 ph2
Thanks for the reply.
Toe in front is -0.10. Tires are Nankang ar-1. I replaced the brake fluid about 3 years ago on the RBF 660 motul, but I think the pedal is too soft and need to be replaced. As you said I set the front camber to -2.5 in front and leave -2.0 on rear. Brake pads ds2500 on front and ferodo premier on rear will be good?
In the future, I plan to change shock absorbers for bilstein b14 or Gaz GHA. Which kit would be better for the track and daily ride?

Clio 172
Don't really want toe-in on FWD track car, as you accelerate the wheels pull in towards each other. This will also effect turn in slightly as the wheels will be fighting against each other.

dRk

Clio Sport 2 ph2
On the weekend I will take part in special stages organized on the track. This will be one run on 1,5 miles going every ine hour. Tires will not heat up. The track is technically used mostly on 2, 3 gear. What pressure do you recommend?

Wysłane z mojego D6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka