ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

silver clio thread

2002 1.2 Clio
2540187-2.gif

2540187-1.gif

brought completley how it was

priority is to get it in matching order by :
loosing the m3 mirrors and putting standard ones back on
loosing the side skirts.. but theyre all moulded and fillered on so that may have to wait
getting a matching set of wheels (which alloys or banded steels?)
get the front bumper smoothed and painted at a body shop

any constructive feedback, ideas or suggestions will be appreciated !

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
standard mirrors, RS rep side skirts, set of 172 alloys, get rid of the tints

the rest isnt TOO bad but do the above and will be more bareable for most of CS

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why did you brought that ?!

I can see why the seller used what appears to be a lot of vaseline on the lens of the camera ! :dead:

Get it standard .. OEM+ .. get some street cred back, y0 !

Have fun :D

Clio S & VW T5
are you going to take the M3 mirrors and sideskirts off completely, or just loosen them as you say?I'd recommend taking them off completely otherwise they'll just rattle...

2002 1.2 Clio
yea skirts and mirrors coming off completely and standard ones going back on
the oem parts will be going back on bit by bit
and yea kane it was brought for a 3 figure bargain

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
please tell me you payed £600 or less...

its clearly been in a crash and has been ruined by some ned with no taste lol

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
please tell me you payed £600 or less...

its clearly been in a crash and has been ruined by some ned with no taste lol

Dude what the hell is with you? Since I have joined all I see is you bitching about other peoples cars and prices they paid for stuff? Do you get a thrill off it or something?

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
yea skirts and mirrors coming off completely and standard ones going back on
the oem parts will be going back on bit by bit
and yea kane it was brought for a 3 figure bargain

Nice - previous owner really wrecked and went over board on an already nice car though glad to see it falling in to the right hands.

Did it come with any service history? Whats the miles like on it?

2002 1.2 Clio
Whiskers is probably just a failed cars sales man... im sure he means well

92k miles
and got proof of 3 previous services with it, so some history
it has had something happen to the front of it but nothing on the HPI
all the front wings are in line and theres no colour differences so whoever repaired it must have done a good job

aimin to have it in some respectable order by june but just doin 1 job at a time

Nothing at the mo :(
Whiskers is probably just a failed cars sales man... im sure he means well

92k miles
and got proof of 3 previous services with it, so some history
it has had something happen to the front of it but nothing on the HPI
all the front wings are in line and theres no colour differences so whoever repaired it must have done a good job

aimin to have it in some respectable order by june but just doin 1 job at a time

I dont know if you have spotted it yet.. but the front bumper is black :S

2002 1.2 Clio
ie. wing vs doors... wing vs bonnet... and even if it is black its lined up correctly.
of course its had a new bumper. state the obvious.
my oh my some mothafuckas like to pick flies on here.

ie. wing vs doors... wing vs bonnet... and even if it is black its lined up correctly.
of course its had a new bumper. state the obvious.
my oh my some mothaf**kas like to pick flies on here.

no dude its called messing around, If you dont accept this is a forum with extreme banter in every thread then you will not get far at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends where ya go mate.. I got no idea on prices.. But go somewhere someone recommends not some cheap garage

'Berg Sold, Cupra-R
Yeah mirrors, skirts......and that spoiler aswell need to go! Get it loooooow on some nice wheels/steels

2002 1.2 Clio
ill see how it sits on 172 alloys first cos its lowered 45mm at the moment, gonna take a look at your thread

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My quick optimistic calculations suggest you will need the following:

New skirts (£50?), mirrors (£50), spoiler (£100), wheels + tyres (£300+), exhaust (£100), lights (£50).

Spray to match skirts, bumper, mirrors - £2-400 depending on job ?

That's approximately a grand and you're left with potentially an undetermined extent crash/repaired 1.2 Clio ?!

Ignoring the fact the mods (I'm assuming you're driving this currently, not doing the work then driving it?) will have put your insurance up a few hundred too, on top of the purchasing price, puts this somewhere in the region of a colour matched non-barryboy'd up car.

I'm not trying to sound like a twunt or make you look like one, but there are the fact as I see them.

If you're doing all the work yourself then great, but you don't appear to be suggesting that either.

Good luck anyway !

2002 1.2 Clio
mirrors and bumper spray - £70 from a mate at a reputable body shop
172 alloys with tyres - £200
lights £40 from a private breaker
can live with the exhaust, spoiler and skirts for a little while while im doing other things to it

£310

and when it comes to floggin the spoiler and mirrors to someone whos into that sort of thing, few quid back in my pocket

money saved by being in the know - £690

306 GTI-6
And for the rest, there's Mastercard

Good luck getting that back to some state of acceptability. Wont take too much tbh

Possibly cheaper to buy a second hand silver bumper, and get the skirts off.

2002 1.2 Clio
And for the rest, there's Mastercard

Good luck getting that back to some state of acceptability. Wont take too much tbh

Possibly cheaper to buy a second hand silver bumper, and get the skirts off.

lmao!

might sell that bumper and try and pick up a 172 bumper thats silver as u say? are they a straight fit? i know my mate put a 172 bumper that we smoothed out on the back of his clio and was ok

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
standard mirrors, RS rep side skirts, set of 172 alloys, get rid of the tints

the rest isnt TOO bad but do the above and will be more bareable for most of CS

Is that slanting the car off? No Didny think so... Constructive criticism...

I find it hilarious how you 3 have went out to attack me for a few comments on a forum :rasp:

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
lmao!

might sell that bumper and try and pick up a 172 bumper thats silver as u say? are they a straight fit? i know my mate put a 172 bumper that we smoothed out on the back of his clio and was ok

For a 172 front bumper you would need the RS wings and side skirts as well to make it fit

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Its got potential (sp) will keep an eye on this to see what you make of it :) and front rs bumper can be fitted to standerd wings with a bit modification to the bumper brackets im sure :)