ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Singularity. Crysis meets HL2 meets Portal?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
yeh looks ok actually.

looks a lot like that other time related game which lee used to bang on about, underrated actually.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
PC is screaming out for a new decent game, PC gaming has died IMHO, I've just upgraded my sound and I'm back on Crysis, there is nothing new!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
PC is screaming out for a new decent game, PC gaming has died IMHO, I've just upgraded my sound and I'm back on Crysis, there is nothing new!

Seriously what s**t me up m8, was the other week when I popped into the Trafford Centre. On the way back to the car, I thought I'd look in HMV and see what PC offerings were on the shelf.

Dear god. A mere fraction of what it used to be. Instead just rows and rows of overpriced console tat. I remember back in the 90s when several shelves were dedicated to the PC and that seems to be forever shrinking.

I'd like to think that the downturn of physical boxes on the shelf, is to do with the increase of online purchases through the likes of Steam? But I think the ease of use of torrent downloads and peoples' knee-jerk negative reactions to Vista have also contributed.

Hopefully, Windows 7 will help and pull the PC market forward slightly, again? The idea of it failing and us being left with nothing more than a pure console market is like looking forward to a 5-course banquet and ending up with a bag of chips.

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i solely blame people downloading games illegally, its totally killed the market. Why spend money developing something when your not going to get anything out of it?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
True. I think Microshaft have got that part with the XBox Live account part spot on, to be fair. I'd happily have an online check/validation for my games if that helped improve the financial stability within the market.

The big problem PC owners have with that, are the shear number of variations of this validation procedure. Just on my home PC alone, I have EA Downloader, Steam, Impulse, Games for Windows Live and Relic Online - and that's only for approx a dozen games. If I added more, the total number just gets unwieldy. They really could do with having a 'centralised' authentication service - even if that formed part of the O/S?

As for the downturn in PC games sales in general, we maybe making a mountain out of a mole-hill. I doubt that's the case, but we could do with an insider's view, such as Lee's.

I don't think I would ever give up on the PC as a platform. It's history, its diversity, it's unique appeal to open-sourcers and modders and the fact that with the right equipment, it will simply trounce any other platform out there, makes it very special indeed. Unfortunately, forces beyond mine (and many other's) control are the ones that influence the market. :(

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Its very dissapointing, I remember quite happily upgrading my PC and enjoying the benefits of a good processor and graphics card, these days it hardly seems worth upgrading.

2014 Focus Titanium
I think part of it is that we are now in the console era. Which is a shame and I hope PC's can make a bit of a comeback at some point. Me and all my mates all used to play pc online games for years but now we have all switched over to xbox 360s simply because they are so easy and convenient. Having said that, we still all have our PC's but we just don't go on them hardly at all.

We used to have LAN's at each others houses once every couple of months and these have now evolved into Xbox LANs.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think part of it is that we are now in the console era. Which is a shame and I hope PC's can make a bit of a comeback at some point. Me and all my mates all used to play pc online games for years but now we have all switched over to xbox 360s simply because they are so easy and convenient. Having said that, we still all have our PC's but we just don't go on them hardly at all.

We used to have LAN's at each others houses once every couple of months and these have now evolved into Xbox LANs.

110% agree and see where you're coming from. I also think as an additional knock-on effect is what little time people have spare these days, what with jobs, kids, etc - they just don't have the time to mess about getting LAN sessions up and running. They simply want to plug in and go - which again, is where the consoles excel.

However, half of what makes LAN sessions for me, is seeing what kit people have and what they've managed to achieve performance wise. Its no different imo, on a meet where most people have RS Clios, but the diversity of what has been done to them is very varied indeed. It just wouldn't be the same if 16 identical Clios turned up. :)

D.