ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

I'm sure there are loads of you who have been through the process of cancelling with Sky to get a cheaper deal, just spoke to them on Live chat and the best they could manage was 15% off my TV package so they are processing the cancellation for me.

Once they have processed the cancellation, do I expect to hear from them again to try and keep me or should I start looking for an alternative supplier?

What are the best deals people have negotiated? Any tips?

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
I'm sure there are loads of you who have been through the process of cancelling with Sky to get a cheaper deal, just spoke to them on Live chat and the best they could manage was 15% off my TV package so they are processing the cancellation for me.

Once they have processed the cancellation, do I expect to hear from them again to try and keep me or should I start looking for an alternative supplier?

What are the best deals people have negotiated? Any tips?
I called recently and just explained nicely that i had a deal before and would be happy to have the same, i also said that i'm not wanting to be a customer who calls and says they are going to leave to get a better deal.
The guy on the other end of the phone applauded me for the honesty and i got offered 35% off what i originally paid.

Hope it helps,
Greg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Cancel, they will offer you things, say no.

On the last day or 2 of your contract they will call you and give you a ballsout deal.

I do it every year. I'm paying under £50 for everything apart from multi room.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
We binned it off months and months ago. What they are offering now is stupidly good... but we just ain't interested.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
We were offered as much as 70% off after cancelling our Sky package. They will write to you and probably call you well before it actually goes off.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Cancelled mine after 14 years, as the best they would do is drop to 46 a month instead of 58. Didn't get any better offers to stay, just got a kodi firestick for movies and save money. Havnt got a TV aerial so just watch basic channels on original sky boxes

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Cancelled mine after 14 years, as the best they would do is drop to 46 a month instead of 58. Didn't get any better offers to stay, just got a kodi firestick for movies and save money. Havnt got a TV aerial so just watch basic channels on original sky boxes

Very odd. They still to this day write and call at regular intervals even though I've told them I'm stuck in contract with VM

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Very odd. They still to this day write and call at regular intervals even though I've told them I'm stuck in contract with VM

+1
I still get letters through with decent deals, cancelled last year and opened a new contract in the missus name for 50% off for 12 months. Will cancel again and get another "new customer deal" when this one runs out.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Only contact I've had since was a customer service survey email.
Though they would have tried to do something. In all fairness I havnt really missed it. Only wife has moaned about not having sky plus to record her programs.

What's the best thing to do when moving house? I'm moving in a week, is it best to cancel and start again as a new customer at the new house, or ask them to transfer it over to the new address?

Listerine & Poledo
I cancelled.
Got a phone call a week later giving me 10 months 1/2 price, no contract. Took it, why not, saved faffing over to BT
Then when I got home I found a latter in the door saying "go through the settings screen on your Sky+ box and get 12 months 1/2 price and £50 credit on your bill"

The Scottish call centre will do anything to keep you, and will try to make it sound like their offer of saving £1.50 as if it's the holy grail of all discounts.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Just cancelled my whole package although I have no intention on actually leaving.

They offered me 35% off my main package, which was about a £25 discount.

I'm playing hardball and said no. Lets see what happens...

Listerine & Poledo
I need to give this a go, the last time I called up to downgrade my package to the minimum TV as I don't use it they just did it.
Downgrade is different chap. Like the difference between changint your tariff or cancelling your phone altogether.

Paying less for less, they'll take that fairly easily. But leaving....what...no money to us AT ALL???? NO!!!!! how about we give you all you're getting now, but for 1/2 what we were charging?

Just cancel as its a rip off anyway even with discount, I've just moved over to BT from Sky. TV platform isn't as user friendly but much cheaper than Sky for fibre, basic TV and BT sport channels. Plus with all the decent android boxes out now you don't even need Sky anymore for Movies, Sport and box sets.

Listerine & Poledo
Just cancel as its a rip off anyway even with discount, I've just moved over to BT from Sky. TV platform isn't as user friendly but much cheaper than Sky for fibre, basic TV and BT sport channels. Plus with all the decent android boxes out now you don't even need Sky anymore for Movies, Sport and box sets.
BT TV and a NOW TV subscription would contain about 80% of the Sky content most people with an education might actually look at. Which is fine for the "entertainment" pack. But the Sports one is a massive, MASSIVE rip. £8 a DAY or something retarded like that.
If BT had the F1 channel, I'd move straight away.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
My mate just sorted me a decent deal through his telecomms shop / business. I have Sky+ HD, Sky Talk, Sky Fibre Unlimited Broadband, Sky Family HD package, Sky Movies and Sky Sports (and the annoying line rental). I'm paying £60 a month for the lot (which I thought was ok).

EDIT: Was a £10 installation fee and £6.95 for Sky Hub.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
My mate just sorted me a decent deal through his telecomms shop / business. I have Sky+ HD, Sky Talk, Sky Fibre Unlimited Broadband, Sky Family HD package, Sky Movies and Sky Sports (and the annoying line rental). I'm paying £60 a month for the lot (which I thought was ok).

EDIT: Was a £10 installation fee and £6.95 for Sky Hub.

I got that for £52.
MSE ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I phoned up to cancel, they offered to reduce the package and we'd pay less, (but still the right amount for the new package), said no, they then said OK, and cancelled it. Still not had any other offers or anything and thats been about 2 weeks. Which is fine tbh, not really missing it.

BMW F31
Just cancelled mine a few days ago, got 50% off showing when I logged in. got 60% and £100 credit last year. checkin on Av Forums, seems 50/60% and £50 credit is the usual deal now.

Just cancelled mine a few days ago, got 50% off showing when I logged in. got 60% and £100 credit last year. checkin on Av Forums, seems 50/60% and £50 credit is the usual deal now.

Where abouts did you see that offer after you had logged in?
I cancelled the other week after some poor offers, the best I've had so far is an email offering line rental free for a year which is a £208 discount.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Been offered the 50% off for 12 months. Is it worth me holding out for more or to just accept it? My contract officially closes in 1 week.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-12%20at%2007.50.10_zpswsaisgxv.gif

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Cancelled mine a while back, best thing I ever did. Saved a load of money on something that just wasn't worth it. I only watch like 3 shows now and i can get them for a fraction of the cost of a rip off Sky package. I find a lot of the younger generation are streamlining how they consume the content they want, I know I do. f**k paying 50-70£ for a TV package with 300 channels where 90% of it is pure shite and then having to sit through 15 or so minutes of debt management, gambling adverts and PPI claims adverts for every show I watch.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
i'll have to have a go at this, but if my Sky goes off our lass will do her nut! How the hell will she keep up with Eastenders? I would say 90% of what we watch on sky is on Sky 1 or Atlantic and most of that is watched recorded because I work nights. I 100% know we could manage without Sky, but persuading her is another thing!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
OK SO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

- Cancel Subscription
- Login to account for offers - Check often as it took 3 weeks to show up on mine.
- Click accept offer and it will take you to a details page (Blue Button)
- Click to speak to someone about this offer on live chat
- When speaking negotiate further by asking if they can do anything more than the 50% that was offered.

I just got 50% off everything PLUS a further 35% off all multiroom PLUS a £50 account credit. Just for asking.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-12%20at%2010.42.20_zpswtkvlpoy.gif

OK SO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

- Cancel Subscription
- Login to account for offers - Check often as it took 3 weeks to show up on mine.
- Click accept offer and it will take you to a details page (Blue Button)
- Click to speak to someone about this offer on live chat
- When speaking negotiate further by asking if they can do anything more than the 50% that was offered.

I just got 50% off everything PLUS a further 35% off all multiroom PLUS a £50 account credit. Just for asking.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-12%20at%2010.42.20_zpswtkvlpoy.gif
Good going!
I logged in earlier and got my 50% off offer, I would have just accepted it.
What angle did you use to ask for more?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Good going!
I logged in earlier and got my 50% off offer, I would have just accepted it.
What angle did you use to ask for more?
Literally just say that 50% is good and close to being affordable but not quite there. Say before I sign my Virgin contract you would just like to know whether there is anything more than the 50% they could do. Thats when he offered the 35% off my two multi room. Then I literally said thats great and we're getting closer but would you be able to offer any credit. He then said yes £50 and I replied great. I'll accept. Simples.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Do I need to ring up to cancel or can I do it in my sky website? I don't want to speak with Johnny foreigner!
I did it by phone. They may offer you up to 35% off but stick to your guns and say no. They will try and try and try but they physically can't offer anymore than 35% so don't waste your time. If they ask why just tell them its unaffordable with regular price increases.

Impreza RB5 #054
I cancelled last week and was offered the 50% off yesterday, I'm going to leave it a day or 2 and try eugegall approach.
Sky Q at discount would be nice.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'm not sure how to do it, will be moving within the next 4 weeks and I want to upgrade to fibre (can't get it here) and sky q, can't get virgin anyway but don't want it so can't use that as leverage.

I'm not sure how to approach it, I think I'll ring them closer to the time and tell them the situation and ask how much it's going to cost to upgrade and move, then play the cancel card.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure how to do it, will be moving within the next 4 weeks and I want to upgrade to fibre (can't get it here) and sky q, can't get virgin anyway but don't want it so can't use that as leverage.

I'm not sure how to approach it, I think I'll ring them closer to the time and tell them the situation and ask how much it's going to cost to upgrade and move, then play the cancel card.
Like Apple products whilst Sky Q is so new they won't negotiate mate. You can try but I don't think they can.

I got 65% last year first time customer. Just put my notice in and offered to reduce it by virtually nothing. May take the 50% discount or resubsribe to netflix and amazon instead. Only channel I'd miss is sky one and sky atlantic. F1 I will recover from.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I hadn't thought of that - might have to just to bite down this time then.

2007 clio dynamique
Apparently for customers that have been with them 10 years or more they will discount the sky q installation

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk