ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looking to get sky back, but I only watch a few channels so not sure if its even worth it..

Discovery Channel
Discovery Turbo
Discovery Shed
History Channel
Sky F1

Dont want to really pay £30-£40 just for a handful of channels

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I ended up cancelling today, they offered 20% off but I said Nah, will I get a higher offer in my 31 days or should I ring up and grovel?

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
21 Minutes later and I've got 50% off, no credit back as they said that finished at the start of October (Dunno whether to believe them but oh well, the missus would of killed me if I actually cancelled)

Thanks guys

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
We cancelled ours via the online chat thing they have... Then within a week they sent me a letter offering 50% off for 12 months. I'd already signed up to BT TV at that point, which for the channels we watch (Discovery, CI, ID, History etc) it was only £13 a month for 12 months which was still a massive saving. In fact, if I were to get sky sports through BT it still worked out cheaper than the "middle" package we were on with Sky which had no sport! I'm currently in the process of trying the same thing with my parents Sky as they have the whole lot with movies and sports etc - so if I can get that for half price, or close enough it saves them money either way and if not, then they said they'll move over to BT as well and add on the sport and movies.

I wish i read this thread yesterday, i phoned up today and got 20% off my deal but by the looks of it i could have got 50% off :/

RB Clio 182
Well sky rung our lass today while i was at work, 50% discount and 20% credit, ill take that, i would have pushed for the 50% discount but she's a softy.

Thanks everyone for this thread and info.

Clio 197
just spoke to them, currently paying £77 p/m. £40.50 TV / £20 Fibre / £17.40 line rental.
Offered me TV for £20.50 and line rental £15 but couldnt comment on fibre as its a different team (ring them and speak to them and then ring us back - no chance) . Cancelled the lot, heres hoping to a better deal or else i wont have internet on Dec 2nd :tongueout:

WR1 impreza
Just cancelled our Tv package this afternoon (kept internet and phone line) as the cost was rising to near £90 for only sports and HD. Best they could do was £70pm so cancelled and I'm hoping for the offers mentioned in this thread lol

SQ5
Just cancelled our Tv package this afternoon (kept internet and phone line) as the cost was rising to near £90 for only sports and HD. Best they could do was £70pm so cancelled and I'm hoping for the offers mentioned in this thread lol

Exactly what I did, they also fucked up last month so I only paid £34.07!

A shiny black one.
I've been getting the letters with varying offers of up to 60% off for the last 14 months to rejoin, I called them and they said I'd need my original equipment to take advantage of the offer and Sky Q was not an option. Joined as a new customer with Q and still managed to get 50% off for 12 months.

WR1 impreza
Exactly what I did, they also fucked up last month so I only paid £34.07!

I've not been that lucky yet!!
Still no offers yet. I'm debating a recordable human box and Kodi for the sport. Won't be HD sport which is a killer but for the sake of £600 or whatever over the year il live I suppose

WR1 impreza
I've been getting the letters with varying offers of up to 60% off for the last 14 months to rejoin, I called them and they said I'd need my original equipment to take advantage of the offer and Sky Q was not an option. Joined as a new customer with Q and still managed to get 50% off for 12 months.
This would be ideal

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Presumably thats 50% off for 12 months on a 12 month deal, i.e. you could end up never paying full price?

I'm going to be phoning up this week for Sky Q for 2 rooms, TV not inc Sports or Movies and the fastest broadband they offer.

A shiny black one.
This would be ideal
I couldn't find it directly on their website, I googled 'sky 50%' and followed the links.

Presumably thats 50% off for 12 months on a 12 month deal, i.e. you could end up never paying full price?

I'm going to be phoning up this week for Sky Q for 2 rooms, TV not inc Sports or Movies and the fastest broadband they offer.
Yes 12 month contract, I'm sure the small print said something about it being 18months when it's with phone and broadband.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
50% off just TV?

I've had a quick search and online suggests what i'd need is:

Variety TV £16p/m (50% off)
Q Multiscreen £12p/m (with 2 mini boxes as it seems its no dearer to have 1 or 2 p/m)
Sky Fibre Max £25p/m
Line Rental £17.40p/m

So £70.40p/m

Could this deal be bettered if ringing up?

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I want

Sky sports (HD).
Internet
BT Sports..

cant seem to work out how much it will costs... keeps telling me to ring.. but CBA. Anyone got the above?

Currently pay £63 with BT (internet is crap) and then its like £21-25 for sky sports HD on top if I want it.

RB Clio 182
We pay just over £60 a month now for their full package, thats for the landline, multiroom, fibre, and all the sky channels in hd, thats including all the sports and the f1, everything apart from bt sports, but i have that with ee on my phone for free so im not paying extra for that.

I think thats a decent deal to what we were paying.

RB Clio 182
That's a good deal!

I just took it out yesterday for the new house:

Box sets bundle
Fibre max broadband unlimited
Line rental

Came in at £56 for the lot.
Ours is just for the line rental mate but we never use the landline so we chose the 'pay as you go', but as i say there will be no extra charge as we never use it apart from incoming calls.

WR1 impreza
It's also an unreliable way of doing it, just look in the Amazon Fire thread.
You have a point with that actually.
Still no offer through although im now being told that I can set myself up as a new customer with the bill coming from my own account (it was previously in the wifes name coming from a joint account) and that should work. Has anyone been successful in trying this before I waste my time lol

Audi S1
You have a point with that actually.
Still no offer through although im now being told that I can set myself up as a new customer with the bill coming from my own account (it was previously in the wifes name coming from a joint account) and that should work. Has anyone been successful in trying this before I waste my time lol
Login to My Sky account, offer should be sitting there.

Listerine & Poledo
I want

Sky sports (HD).
Internet
BT Sports..

cant seem to work out how much it will costs... keeps telling me to ring.. but CBA. Anyone got the above?

Currently pay £63 with BT (internet is crap) and then its like £21-25 for sky sports HD on top if I want it.
That's going to be pricey whichever way you slice it.
SKy + Sports: £47.50 a month
BT Infinity + sports (via sky box): £40.99

Or.

Sky + Sports + SKy internet (which wont be any better than BT) + BT Sport tax: £84.90 to Sky (fibre unlimited) + £26.99 to BT.

Personally, I added a sky box to the olds BT Broadband and chucked them £80 to cover it for the year.

WR1 impreza
Got the offer of 50% in the end. Have spent the rest of the week trying to work out alternatives but in the end have just given in lol. I did use the online chat to confirm the monthly bill and he upped the discount to 60% and free broadband so in the end...

We were paying £68pm for Original bundle, Sports, Line rental, BB and HD package rising to £80 now out of contract
Now paying £49 for the same so I'm happier with that.

Would never have known without this thread so thanks to all

IMG_2303.JPG
Normal sky offer at the minute if you have left within last 12 months - 75% discount and £100 credit