ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky multiscreen alternatives?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Right, I've just had a email off my Granddad. He currently pays for Sky Multiscreen. Whilst he does use sky on 2 TV's he doesn't use 2 at the same time. He's asked if there is any alternatives and mentions a "Wireless link".

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% what he's on about and do use this type of thing. Does this make sense to anyone and have any recommendations? 😂

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Just upgrade to Sky Q, that's wireless and you don't pay for the use of the second box.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
You still pay the multiscreen charge with sky Q , it's an extra £12 to allow other boxes to work

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

Not for the first box it's not. At least I'm not paying it. £35 a month for q silver (the 2tb box) a mini box and all channels inc sports and movies (With HD)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Not for the first box it's not. At least I'm not paying it. £35 a month for q silver (the 2tb box) a mini box and all channels inc sports and movies (With HD)

Just looked, and yes the robbing b******s charge now! They didn't 6 months ago when I took mine out!

2007 clio dynamique
I am pretty sure they are charging me the £12, you have a good deal anyway compared to me , £56 for sky Q silver and no sports or movies

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

You could do the simple scart video senders although the picture won't be amazing even more so if he's used to using a HD box in the other room.

You could get HDMI wireless senders, i've tried them and they aren't too bad with little interference. If you do go down the wireless route make sure it's 5.8ghz and not 2.4, less chance of any interference from wireless devices/microwaves etc..

If wired is an option you could run a long coax lead and if the TV tuner is an analogue one you could tune it through that. Picture won't be great but may do for what he needs. At the end of the coax lead you can use a magic eye (about £5 amazon) to make use of the remote in there.

You could also run HDMI cable to the second TV along with a coax lead and magic eye for the remote to work in there, although HDMI doesn't work well over long distances.

What i have done in one room where i wanted the box out of sight is ran 2x cat6 network leads to the TV and used HDMI adapters at both ends, the run is about 20m but most can do over that if needed. Some of the adapters include the remote sensor to use the remote but i ended up running coax along side with a magic eye as i needed coax for other reasons too.

I think the above makes sense!