ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight crunch going into 3rd gear at speed

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Mine was done by agency transmissions recently after having the same smytoms as you currently have. Luckily my engine and box was out of the car anyway but it was £45 to pallet the gearbox each way and £275 for the rebuild.

Got it back and the cover plate had leaked due to a dodgy seal. Shame as it had just been oiled but new seal in and it was fine. Never got a receipt either. Not really good from a company IMO.

Regardless, I'd still be taking the box to @NorthloopCup

You've only got to look at he's posts & pics and speak to people who've dealt with him to know that he's a genuine guy who knows he's stuff and will sort it out for you with no dramas.
Very kind of you to say. Thanks.

2009 Renault Clio GT
Great to have come across this thread!!!

I have a 2009 Renault Clio GT (with 90k miles on the clock) and a dodgy gearbox that grinds going into 3rd.
Reading here it seems like I might need a rebuild?

Does anyone know do Agency Transmissions still do this or @NorthloopCup are you aware of any other ideas?

I maybe drive 2000 miles on the car per year, but just don't like the idea of something not being taken care of!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Great to have come across this thread!!!

I have a 2009 Renault Clio GT (with 90k miles on the clock) and a dodgy gearbox that grinds going into 3rd.
Reading here it seems like I might need a rebuild?

Does anyone know do Agency Transmissions still do this or @NorthloopCup are you aware of any other ideas?

I maybe drive 2000 miles on the car per year, but just don't like the idea of something not being taken care of!
Well according to google he's still on the go yes. As for any other ideas, I’m not sure what you mean tbh?