ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smiggy's 182 Build.

CLIO 182
Don't often have a free minute to keep this thread going so gonna smash out some over due pics haha!
Got a load of parts back from being powder coated and a few more waiting to come back...the results were fantastic!!

IMG_7529.JPG
IMG_7534.JPG

Venture out at Cadwell with my good friend @Apg100 with a very wet morning but ultimately an awesome day and an awesome car!
IMG_7544.JPG
IMG_7550.JPG
IMG_7554.JPG
IMG_7556.JPG

God bored one day so decided to refit my light back into my car as I missed it after pulling it all out so went a bit mental and took out my 4 SMD slight and fitted a 42 board instead haha! It works haha! Love the way when I unlock my car it illuminates my sexy white cage!!!

IMG_7561.JPG
IMG_7649.JPG
IMG_7650.JPG
IMG_7651.JPG

CLIO 182
Bit of Bilt Hmaber on the exposed and deliberately un powder coated circlip area to prevent rust before the bearing is fitted.

IMG_7738.JPG

Bottom ball joint treated too
IMG_7739.JPG
IMG_7740.JPG
IMG_7741.JPG
IMG_7742.JPG
Goes on blue dries black. Awesome Stuff. Love it!

IMG_7755.JPG
All built back together!! The results speak for themselves but wowwwwwww!!!!

IMG_7756.JPG
IMG_7757.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7762.JPG
    IMG_7762.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7763.JPG
    IMG_7763.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 43

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Love your updates, your running gear is going to look unbelievable when its all on. Bet you cant wait to have it finished. :up::up::up::up::up::up:

CLIO 182
Love your updates, your running gear is going to look unbelievable when its all on. Bet you cant wait to have it finished. :up::up::up::up::up::up:

Yeah hoepfully mate that is the plan haha!! Juts hate rusty parts and im all about prevention of rust too so the powder coating had got a little bit out of hand tbh spent way too much on it. Was planning on having it finshed for Blyton park but its looking hopeful haha! Sigh! :sweat:🙈

Awesome awesome stuff Ant!

I'm moving back (sigh) to Huddersfield with work next month so we will have to finally meet.

Cheers buddy! Although feel like we already have the amount of snapchat selfies I get from you is unreal haha

Unreal stuff. This is awesome!

Thanks mate :up::up::up: 😌

Sorry for the shocking update btw I did it mid leacture on a computer whilst my phone happened to be plugged in haha! and the lecturer caught me out so thats why it suddenly just ended haha!! least I got some pics in!!

The best is still to come!!

CLIO 182
Arch after a clean and de-grease the before shot was the dirty one above. The difference is quite dramatic. The plan is to get it all as clean de rusted as possible ready for the new components to go on.
IMG_7823.JPG

IMG_7825.JPG

The weapons! Love Bilt Hamber Stuff!
IMG_7827.JPG

Some swirls seen here that I managed to get out by hand.
IMG_7829.JPG

Some apparent low mileage wheel studs which were pretty shocking to be fair so re chased them down with a die, will also have the re blackened.
IMG_7867.JPG
IMG_7868.JPG
IMG_7869.JPG

One of the scabby ones the pikey before removed them with his teeth!
IMG_7870.JPG

After
IMG_7871.JPG

This was a particularly bad one also!!! Dont even know wtf is on this!!
IMG_7872.JPG

CLIO 182
IMG_7873.JPG

Magnesium Alloy 20mm spacers big boys!!! Youll see why soon!!!
IMG_7892.JPG
IMG_7893.JPG
IMG_7894.JPG

Wishbones back and all welded up!!! Some bloody superb TIG welding!!! Yummy!!!
IMG_7908.JPG
IMG_7917.JPG
IMG_7918.JPG
IMG_7919.JPG

CLIO 182
Some lovely interior goodness whilst the wishbones and several other items are being welded up!!

Dont know why half these images keep bloody rotating so annoying!!!! arrrrghhhh!!!
IMG_7913.JPG
IMG_7914.JPG
IMG_7915.JPG
IMG_7916.JPG
IMG_7924.JPG
IMG_7945.JPG
IMG_7946.JPG

Prototype needles next my finalised ones!! the blue really pops on the new ones!!! well happy shame my smd display/ computer is f**king playing up now arrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!
IMG_7947.JPG
IMG_7948.JPG
IMG_7949.JPG

CLIO 182
Photos do not do it justice at all!!!!

The flock looks shite on these pics it really does look better I promise!! haha The HDR didnt do kindly on it
IMG_7958.JPG
IMG_7959.JPG

Cheeky shift lights
IMG_7962.JPG
IMG_7963.JPG

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I feel your pain mate. What can be done ? can be bent back?

Love the brembos - got some myself off ALS - really good price. What pads and discs are you going to go with.

CLIO 182
As you can see!! The top caliper mounts are parallel to the hub but sadly the bottom mount is quite severely out of line!! These hubs were now potentially scrap!! Untill I had a genius Idea!!! Mwahhhhh hahahahaha
IMG_8019.JPG
IMG_8020.JPG

Held the upright down securely using aluminium plate (also aided shimming it and actually saved the powder coat too) and then on the offending caliper mount, the one with the hug clamp on it!! Squeezed it back into alignment!!! Was severly a massive bum hole twitch moment!!!
IMG_8021.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8022.JPG
    IMG_8022.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8023.JPG
    IMG_8023.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8024.JPG
    IMG_8024.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  CLIO 182
I feel your pain mate. What can be done ? can be bent back?

Love the brembos - got some myself off ALS - really good price. What pads and discs are you going to go with.

Certainly can haha!! Spent ages doing it today the trouble with second hand stuff really you live and learn!! will not be making that mistake again!! Will be swapping with my uprights in the future

Just using OEM 197 pads for the time being mate. and HC discs couldnt justify the cost of silly pads atm not after the outlay

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hi mate,
Have you got any more updates , love reading about your car (and copying bits too)

CLIO 182
Hi mate,
Have you got any more updates , love reading about your car (and copying bits too)

Massive sorry for the late reply mate it's been a mad few months for me finishing uni and competing in the formula student events. Think I've got a few photos tucked away to upload will need to remind myself where I've left off haha! Got some more bolts back from moss metals t'other day which I know is a new one haha! I have and OCD thing about bolts haha!!

Strange knowing people are actually reading this! Nice to know haha!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Awesome mate, are you hoping to start your suspension replacement this year? That last batch of plated stuff looks amazing.

CLIO 182
Awesome mate, are you hoping to start your suspension replacement this year? That last batch of plated stuff looks amazing.
Yeah the look incredible! Picture never quite does them justice!! These have come out almost purpley!! Which is awesome yet bloody annoying as the previous batch was less purple and more yellow! Which is annoying because it won't match dammit!! Haha! I really need to keep telling myself they are only bolts!! :unamused:😅

Don't think I've posted pics of my powder coated and spherical bearing'd arms yet. Probs will be next week now as I'm away all weekend! Then next week I graduate my MEng degree! Bout bloody time! Only taken 5 years! :fearscream:

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
out of interest how much is it to plate stuff - this batch for example, how much was it?
image-jpg.jpg

CLIO 182
out of interest how much is it to plate stuff - this batch for example, how much was it?
It's usually around £30 a batch no matter how many bolts tend to go in. As long as it fits in his basket. These are all hardened OEM bolts so they de-embrittle them all too which a lot of plating places do NOT do! As usually the zincing process reduces the grade. So they re treat them too included in the price.
Check out their site Will probably explain it all better
Moss metal finishers

M2 Comp
Haha your funny you!!

First time I've logged on in months, graduating uni, working and now moving house has put the Clio on the back burner!

You'll probably finish yours before I've even started on mine

Pfft... you need to sort your priorities out :smile:

I haven't touched mine in months either. 9 months on axle stands and counting lol!

Looking forward to the updates anyway mate, whenever they may be :up:

CLIO 182
Pfft... you need to sort your priorities out :smile:

I haven't touched mine in months either. 9 months on axle stands and counting lol!

Looking forward to the updates anyway mate, whenever they may be :up:

Hehe!! It's a hard ol life aaaaayyy!! one of the many reason why my updates have become less frequent is because its such a pain in the bloody arse to do anything directly on the CS site on my phone, and tap talk is shite too! just stresses me out!!
Ahh the dreaded axel stand curse!! Ive just taken mine of the road can see mine ending up like that too mate!

Got there in the end with bolts and what not for the wishbones! turns out the shorter ones are superseded by the longer ones the pikey b******s!!

Been talking with my mate @Martin. and I think my next plans are to stop being so fricking anal about nuts and bolts and start bolting things to the car and just enjoy it all!!

vary minimum I at least want to do is powder coat the subframe and rear beam but thats gonna be difficult now ive moved as both my trusted fabby and powder coaters are over end of the world!!!

will try and update soon!

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Hehe!! It's a hard ol life aaaaayyy!! one of the many reason why my updates have become less frequent is because its such a pain in the bloody arse to do anything directly on the CS site on my phone, and tap talk is shite too! just stresses me out!!
Ahh the dreaded axel stand curse!! Ive just taken mine of the road can see mine ending up like that too mate!

Got there in the end with bolts and what not for the wishbones! turns out the shorter ones are superseded by the longer ones the pikey b******s!!

Been talking with my mate @Martin. and I think my next plans are to stop being so fricking anal about nuts and bolts and start bolting things to the car and just enjoy it all!!

vary minimum I at least want to do is powder coat the subframe and rear beam but thats gonna be difficult now ive moved as both my trusted fabby and powder coaters are over end of the world!!!

will try and update soon!
Picking my powdercoated subframe and axle up on wednesday [emoji39] woop woop!