ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So do you think it'll polish out?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
1e315c3c668c5a42813327c7ebdca8a2.jpg

f262d306607e0c9590b0ccfa9a8dc2fe.jpg

62d46a79f08e08b91bc4dd6c54c63f5f.jpg

Got punted up the backside whilst waiting at red traffic lights this afternoon. To say I'm gutted is an understatement!
Financially couldn't happen at a worse time.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I know there's been a thread recently about this, but what's the situation of me buying the car back to sell on for parts? @gally

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Christ! Hopefully you and the occupants are ok though fella?
Yeah. Thanks buddy. Fortunately just me. My 2 year old was at nursery. She'll be gutted. She absolutely loved that car. Daddy's baby black cat she called it.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That looks like a hefty whack for sitting at traffic lights, whoever hit you needs their eyes checking!

Glad your daughter wasn't in there when it happened, I'd hate for my kids to be in an accident.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Look on the bright side, free Lexus lights.

Joking aside glad you're ok and the little one wasn't in the car!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Definitely try and buy it back. What is the boot floor like. It's looks like it could be an easy repair. Bumper lights and a tailgate.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
The boot floor is massively raised up on the left. Ripple in the NSR wing.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I'd be worried about fixing that. Not sure how well it would take another hit in future, especially with the little one in the back.

Definitely break it though if it's modded

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
That's the thing. The cost of done modded parts, especially the wheels will be worth buying back but I don't have know how to strip the car or get it back from the insurance assessors. Waiting game now until likely Tuesday before I can do anything.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
what modded parts does it have mate. shame your not closer i would of stripped it for you if you needed. i fancy turinis on the mini ;-)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Fk coilovers,spacers, vibratechnic mounts, power flex dogbone, solid top mounts, turinis, tune point, DS500's etc. Plus tyres only about 1k mikes old, new clutch in December, new headlamp washers in December and interior parts all in good shape including original steering wheel.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Fk coilovers,spacers, vibratechnic mounts, power flex dogbone, solid top mounts, turinis, tune point, DS500's etc. Plus tyres only about 1k mikes old, new clutch in December, new headlamp washers in December and interior parts all in good shape including original steering wheel.

yeh if you can buy back do so 100%

note tbh the interior stuff if you dont have roof for it leave it in the car ive sat on seats n the like for ages in the end dumped in a diffrent shell lol

wheels
coilover
mounts

all good money

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
So I now officially know the answer to my question...

Cat B write off

Really gutted.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
can u buy it bk?
According to assessors yes as it was not my fault. So I will be doing that. I'll then try to break what I can, (no mechanical knowledge) and try to get help from a neighbour.
Unsure what car I'll get next. I may use the mods on that...

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
According to assessors yes as it was not my fault. So I will be doing that. I'll then try to break what I can, (no mechanical knowledge) and try to get help from a neighbour.
Unsure what car I'll get next. I may use the mods on that...

selling turinis ;-)

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Why would it be any different buying it back if it were your fault? (Genuine question..)
Never had to deal with this before but he said if it was my fault, the insurers wouldn't normally allow me to buy it back. They would if not my fault.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
So the car is on my driveway now but waiting for payout to even start. If selling the car as is without the spacers and turinis for a track car, what is s fair sum to ask and what is the likely monetary value if I break it?

Listerine & Poledo
So the car is on my driveway now but waiting for payout to even start. If selling the car as is without the spacers and turinis for a track car, what is s fair sum to ask and what is the likely monetary value if I break it?
Given that a working, unsmashed 172 can be had for a grand. Not a lot.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Given that a working, unsmashed 172 can be had for a grand. Not a lot.
He owns his own bodyshop and will pull out and fit a tailgate. He's buying cos of the mods already on it and engine and gearbox.