ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So water pump is leaking. Replacement parts?

172 Clio
Ok so my water pump has gone :( Keep on filling her up at the moment then.....

2003 172 sport with 64k on the clock, one hand written note about a cambelt change in service book which i can't find at the moment.
Not using to much water but booked in for next thursday to my local garage who i trust. Thinking may as well go the whole hog with new water pump, dephaser, cam and aux belt.

Do i need to get all the pulleys changed to or not??
Where is the best place to get the lot??? - RenaultPartsDirect?

Thanks for your help.

PH2 172
OTE="Chiffs, post: 11332119, member: 113793"]Ok so my water pump has gone 😧 Keep on filling her up at the moment then.....

2003 172 sport with 64k on the clock, one hand written note about a cambelt change in service book which i can't find at the moment.
Not using to much water but booked in for next thursday to my local garage who i trust. Thinking may as well go the whole hog with new water pump, dephaser, cam and aux belt.
Do i need to get all the pulleys changed to or not??
Where is the best place to get the lot??? - RenaultPartsDirect?

Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

Here`s the manual to change the belts.
Let your garage have a read of it & they might thank you to take it elsewhere, like SJM in Glastonbury.

Attachments

• F4R_730.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 135

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
you could just do the aux belt to change the waterpump but if belt is due it would be worth getting it all done together.

172 Clio
Going to do all belts and pulleys plus dephaser and of course water pump I think now. New thermostat and may as well get the aircon regas done at the same time lol.

Hopefully she will last 4 days of running to work and back. Thankfully only 13 miles on B roads each way taking a chilled drive. Top up at work and return home after work.