ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone to set my 172 up

Disastra Coupe
Hopefully in the next couple of month i'm going to get some coilover's sorted out. But i haven't got a clue who to take it to for setting the camber etc up once i've fitted them.

Any recommendation's? :) Local as possible but not mind an hours trip if i have to lol.

Nissan 350z
If you dont tell them how you want it, they will just give you the generic Clio Sport setting which while correct, depending on how low you go down it wont be correct for your car anymore. Have a search on here for the geometry settings, im sure its been covered in the past.

Disastra Coupe
If you dont tell them how you want it, they will just give you the generic Clio Sport setting which while correct, depending on how low you go down it wont be correct for your car anymore. Have a search on here for the geometry settings, im sure its been covered in the past.

Okay thanks. Will have a good search through then!

S4 Avant
Tyres 4 U in Mansfield.

They were spot on with me, much better than Demon Tweeks.

They've got the exact same laser alignment system, but they'll set the geometrey up to what you want.

Disastra Coupe
Tyres 4 U in Mansfield.

They were spot on with me, much better than Demon Tweeks.

They've got the exact same laser alignment system, but they'll set the geometrey up to what you want.

I've just found them on the search and they're 10 minute's from my house :D Just need to figure out what geometry i'd be needing now :S

S4 Avant
Depends what you want. Only the front is adjustable in terms of camber and toe. They know what they're doing with toe, so camber is the only real choice you have to make ;)

Disastra Coupe
Depends what you want. Only the front is adjustable in terms of camber and toe. They know what they're doing with toe, so camber is the only real choice you have to make ;)

Sorted. I'll keep researching then. I'm sure i saw your car in Mansfield roughly a month ago!

340i
www.alignmycar.com

check for you're nearest centre...

Tyre 4 U Ltd (HawkEyeAlign)
7 Anglian Way
Southwell Road West
MANSFIELD
Nottinghamshire
NG18 4LP

;)

Top guys there, they set my 172 up a couple of times! go out try the set-up, go back and have a chat with them about the set-up and they will adjust until it is what you want :)

Disastra Coupe
www.alignmycar.com

check for you're nearest centre...

Tyre 4 U Ltd (HawkEyeAlign)
7 Anglian Way
Southwell Road West
MANSFIELD
Nottinghamshire
NG18 4LP

;)

Top guys there, they set my 172 up a couple of times! go out try the set-up, go back and have a chat with them about the set-up and they will adjust until it is what you want :)

That one on Anglian way is 10 minute's from my house. Just out of interest, what sort of difference should i expect altering camber to make? How does more camber affect the car? And how does less camber affect it?

Never really had to play around with camber on the Saxo!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Better turn-in and steering response really..bit of negative camber helps resist tire sidewall rollover which means more tread in contact with the road i.e. better cornering traction.

Disastra Coupe
Now you've said that, it makes perfect sense! Cheers for that pal. Really looking forward to starting on the Clio, making it my own. Although i must stop myself from going as mad as i did the Saxo lol.

Modifying = Expensive Hobby!

Megane r26
i used ets in derby were helpful. Struggled with the allignment gear on front (had to push wings in when they rolled it back an forward to prevent it catching) Charged me 23 quid with print out =D

S4 Avant
Better turn-in and steering response really..bit of negative camber helps resist tire sidewall rollover which means more tread in contact with the road i.e. better cornering traction.

Untill recently, I thought that as well.

What actually happens, if you've ever noticed a car on full lock, the inside wheels always has massive postive camber to compensate for the shorter distance it has to travel, compared to the outside.

More negative camber means that in cornering, the inside wheel is left with as big a contact patch as possible.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sorry I didn't reply to you PM mate.

As said - Just tell them you want it all straight - bit of camber on the front - take it for a drive, they will advise on what to change.