ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sound card

Polo + Micra
being as its pay day and i'm thinking of getting a nice amp and speakers:D

i was wondering if anyone had any comments on this for listening of mp3's on a quality amp

also does anyone know if it can be had cheaper?

Not a Clio
I think a normal sound blaster live card picked up cheap from ebay does the job coupled with surround sound with built in amp. Don't think you need to spend the above on a card when you're only going to use it for mp3's.

Up to you though :)

Polo + Micra
well it will just be a stereo amp and speakers but it is supposed to help with mp3

the money don't really bother me to be honest

LY 182
The new X-Fi sound cards are hugely better. Go for it Dink, you won't regret it. Though I would suggest listening to no lower than 192 bit rate.

182 Trophy 019/500
This maybe a dumb question... Is it possible to connect it to a home cinema kit? Is it a case of using 3.5mm jack to 2 phone connectors?

Like this:

stereo_plug_cable.jpg

Is it possible to connect using a optical lead?

Megane Mk4
The problem with mp3 that people forget about is, it compresses the file by removing all the frequencies we cant hear.
Using advanced sound-cards make you hear the "digital" sound you get with compressed mp3 files under 192Kbs..
I have a sound blaster audigy 128 with a cambridge soundworks 5.1 speaker system and through that I can hear the digital pickup from mp3's.

Polo + Micra
you have to buy extra parts but you can connect using either phono's or optical digital

Monaro VXR
Just bought an Xfi fatality had it for a coule days not put it in yet though involves me having to open the comp and i've just been lazy.