ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales General Chat

clio 172 phase 2
Merry xmas fella . Did you get my pm about inner arch liners mate and standard suspension set up front and rear

clio 172 phase 2
I will be tonite dude ! Anyone down haverfordwest sat night ???? Im around if anyone fancys meeting up.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Happy new year fellow dragon blooded welsh people. As for doing something tomorrow i'd prob end up working on the car got lots to do.

clio 172 phase 2
Ive been wanting to go for a blast up the black mountains in my clio for ages now may head up there this weekend

Focus RS + S3
i dont know the last time ive just drove my clog :(
ive been drivng it to work and just filling with petrol, hasnt been cleaned for aaaaages

nevermind, got next week off so gonna fit my top mounts and show some love :)

clio 172 phase 2
i dont know the last time ive just drove my clog :(
ive been drivng it to work and just filling with petrol, hasnt been cleaned for aaaaages

nevermind, got next week off so gonna fit my top mounts and show some love :)

Did you get the pure motorsport top mounts Dude ?

Focus RS + S3
yeah should be here tomorrow :)
plus with he car off the road i can tidy a few loose ends and investigate my clunking on the front :(

clio 172 phase 2
You wont be disapointed dude! If you have the top mount fix that renault do ther a pain to fit and get square mind ! Ive got some things i need to tidy up too ! Dont talk to me about clunking dude
My car sounds like a tank on bumpy roads lol keep us updated dude !

Focus RS + S3
yeah my top mounts have been oval'd :(
im hoping it should still line up nicely with the brace and that the top mounts will solve my clunking, I haven't long put ball joints on, ill be looking at bushed and track rod ends when i get underneath Friday lol

Rb Clio 182
There you go hodgins is you get board come give e a hand with my timing belt and dephaser lol

was looking at getting a flocked dash for mine wha do you reacon ?

But i found out i had an expensive month lol got to do the cambelt and dephaser pulley and MOT and tax and a full service lol so dont think it will b this month lol

Focus RS + S3
Add four tyres to my parts list and thats my expensive month :-(
I do like a flocked dash :)
If u need a hand throwing spanners about give me a shout lmao

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting a place where i can work on my car during all weather's and most days/nights so i can speed up the process of getting it done, so does anybody know of any double Garage's or a place with a good size for rent?

I asked the council about the units they have in pontypool but they're very expensive :(.

Cheers

Focus RS + S3
most council based units (well my dads anyways) dont allow vehicles or flammable items in :(
as my car would have been extremely cosy if the winter was a lot worse lol

Rb Clio 182
Yea it was on here for 180 but couldnt afford it all in one month lol but will b looking in to getting mine flocked soon after i fit uprated engine mounts . to stop my engine jumping

Focus RS + S3
dont know if its jumping, honestly havent had chance to look at the car in any way

top mounts arrived :)
job for me tomorrow then

Focus RS + S3
Just saw that thread, if it was me id go new. As its a major component amd not a simple swap over if it goes, it wont cause a cambelt failure but just increased hassle

I never had my dephaser changed 2 years ago, at the time they weren't talked about on here, but because of all the threads on here in my head i think i can hear it ticking even though its fine lol
If your like me once i get somethings up in my head, itll eat me away and always be in the back of my mind if i put a used one

When its new you know itll last and be carefree

Thats what id do

Focus RS + S3
I dont mind too much (a little less swearing) when something goes aslong if im able to fix it myself lol

M3, Cup racer'd 182
That's gutting that the council won't allow cars/flammable stuff in up there, pontypool don't care but they wanted stupid amounts on a unit that can get 2cars in.

They wanted £50 a week rent (without electric or water rates) and also would have to pay them a extra £30 a month for some other stupid reason, if it was a business it would be ok but just to work on my car from time to time it's rediculous. (no wonder why there empty lol)