ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West Beginning of Year Combined Meet - RR + Photos + Karting

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Depends when, my target for the grey one is Christmas.

I'm on it, I've got about 10 to send out! 😧
I would hope the meet would be early December, but obviously depends on RR availability. I know you dont like the ramp rates, but I just thinking that if your not planning a run, we might as well use Tipton again. Otherwise at the moment it will be Dave in Barnstaple. He has loads of parking and is normally working on some nice old lotus's etc.

Not sure if needed for invoice but the millage was around 92200. :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Karting definitely has to happen again, I've missed it. Plymouth's track is awesome though, (pop pop bang bang) but I would like to try out Exeter.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Exeter is the one with the bridge iirc, id also like to do that one! Even if no one else comes, I'm up for it :)

It's not me not liking the ramp rates, it's the engines. 30 seconds of flat out with a not very good fan is asking for trouble. And when I'm running a £10k+ engine, I'd sooner go somewhere with a decent roller setup.
I would hope the meet would be early December, but obviously depends on RR availability. I know you dont like the ramp rates, but I just thinking that if your not planning a run, we might as well use Tipton again. Otherwise at the moment it will be Dave in Barnstaple. He has loads of parking and is normally working on some nice old lotus's etc.

Not sure if needed for invoice but the millage was around 92200. :smile:

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
It's not me not liking the ramp rates, it's the engines. 30 seconds of flat out with a not very good fan is asking for trouble. And when I'm running a £10k+ engine, I'd sooner go somewhere with a decent roller setup.
perfectly understandable :up:

This is the inside of Daves place last time I went about 2 years ago. I believe he has converted the room of to the side as a viewing area. Not sure he has any bigger / better fans than Tipton...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
he's alright with scoobies but when it comes to other cars it's a bit of a minefield. I know of several cases where cars have had to be fixed elsewhere because they've either died or come close to it after going there. I have heard of a car coming out with a standard turbo when it went in with an uprated one, but I've not seen concrete evidence for that one.

Clio 172 Cup
1. The Fatty (inc RR)
2. Gherkin (inc RR)
3. Luke_Exc (not committing to RR just yet in case it isn't ready! )
4. ilovewilly (inc RR?))
5. cranked (inc RR)
6. c5 swh (inc RR)
7. Luke0103 (inc RR)
8. starkeey (inc RR)
9. stopherson (inc RR depending on day)
10. Oli (inc RR)
11. Oli's other half (inc RR)
12. Richy182. (No RR)
13. deadmau5 (No RR)
14. SkittlesCS182 (inc RR)
15. Piranhamatt (Inc RR)

Clio 182
1. The Fatty (inc RR)
2. Gherkin (inc RR)
4. ilovewilly (inc RR?))
5. cranked (inc RR)
6. c5 swh (inc RR)
7. Luke0103 (inc RR)
8. starkeey (inc RR)
10. Oli (inc RR)
12. Richy182. (No RR)
13. deadmau5 (No RR)
15. Piranhamatt (Inc RR)
Rolling road for me may be a no go will still pop down though will see

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Just a quick update on this. It seems quite a few people would be more willing to attend if the event takes place after Christmas, so we are no looking to make this a 'Beginning of year' event instead of 'End of year'!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I did not know the was possible! :smile:

Yes mate, because it's haldex controlled you can pull the fuse to force it into using 2WD. Can't be driven as it will overheat but will be fine for a couple of runs. We did it on @TomSx 's TT QS at the last Tipton meet before you arrived. :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
1. The Fatty (inc RR)
2. Gherkin (inc RR)
4. ilovewilly (inc RR?))
5. cranked (inc RR)
6. c5 swh (inc RR)
7. Luke0103 (exc RR)
8. starkeey (inc RR)
10. Oli (inc RR)
12. Richy182. (No RR)
13. deadmau5 (No RR)
15. Piranhamatt (Inc RR)
16. Lawro (inc RR on TT)

197 CUP GW
Just a quick update on this. It seems quite a few people would be more willing to attend if the event takes place after Christmas, so we are no looking to make this a 'Beginning of year' event instead of 'End of year'!
In that case, are any of you gonna join us in Par ? Now you've moved this to next year, put me down as well inc. rr .:smile:

clio 172 2002
im keen for this mines all standard but wouldnt mind a print out to show where i started at :) money dependant though...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
1. The Fatty (inc RR)
2. Gherkin (inc RR)
4. ilovewilly (inc RR?))
5. cranked (inc RR)
6. c5 swh (inc RR)
7. Luke0103 (exc RR)
8. starkeey (inc RR)
10. Oli (inc RR)
12. Richy182. (No RR)
13. deadmau5 (No RR)
15. Piranhamatt (Inc RR)
16. Lawro (inc RR on TT)
17. TomSX (inc RR on TT)
18. cliovirgin (inc RR)
19. JasonP (inc RR)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
im keen for this mines all standard but wouldnt mind a print out to show where i started at :smile: money dependant though...
We like to do a season opener and a season closer at the end of the year, on the same dyno, so that people can see any power differences from mods they've made during the year :)

Clio 182
@The Fatty i will see how goes with dan tomorrow and if it gets a clean bill of health that it is ok will let you know about the rr sorry to be a pain in the ass

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
@The Fatty i will see how goes with dan tomorrow and if it gets a clean bill of health that it is ok will let you know about the rr sorry to be a pain in the ass
no problem, you have time now to sort things out as its not until Jan now :smile: this is only the 'interest' thread, not the real event thread. All those on the list will get notified when that goes up, so I wont take you off anyway.

197 CUP GW
no problem, you have time now to sort things out as its not until Jan now :smile: this is only the 'interest' thread, not the real event thread. All those on the list will get notified when that goes up, so I wont take you off anyway.
I don't do confusing, it confuses me !:smile:

Clio 182
ok fair enough going to see dan today get him to look at the car