ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers 'guide'/info

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Hi buddy

In that photo, 195/45 T1R's .. but had a bit of rubbing on the rear when pushing on so swapped to 40's and rolled the arches more and not had one problem since including some track sliding

Yeah i see mate in some of your old threads,i think i'll go back to 195 in the summer.I think sits the cup turinis better than 205.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think so too bud but I do remember 205's feeling good when had some PS3's on another Clio

The 195/40's look like elastic bands compared!

I think just goes down to what tyres you put on,as some look & fit the rim different.Like i have 205 rainsports on the rear and to me they look to balloon like & i have 195 on the front which look a tiny bit stretched.Going Yoko's or Conti or Goodyear in 195 next tho i think next!..

Sorry to hi-jack the thread also.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Guys, what size bolts will I need? Ive got 10mm for the rear, and hoping to get 10mm or 15mm for the front, with cup turinis.

Thanks

172 Cup
Thinking about getting some 15mm's for the front of my cup (Currently running et38 wheels)

I use the car for hillclimbs/sprints so i ideally want to put handling first but.... i'm a tart

What exact affects will running the wider front track have? will it induce understeer a noticeable amount?
Can anyone who's run spacers on a standard hub with track orientated set up shed any light on the difference it makes?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just fitted the spacers.. what do you think? Love the rears, fronts look a little too wide and stick out I think.

Before..
IMG_6334.JPG

IMG_6333.JPG

After..
IMG_6347.JPG

IMG_6344.JPG

IMG_6343.JPG

IMG_6345.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Only been for a mile or so drive, couple of roundabouts etc. Doesnt feel too different but that was only like slightly quick driving.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I shall try that. I do want to get it properly set up with camber bolts, so may aswell buy some. Anyone selling camber bolts..?

Looks smart that, but I see what you mean about the fronts....... back looks perfect though!

Did you go 15mm front and 10mm rear like you mentioned before?

I always find that spacers are hard to picture what they look like to the natural eye.

Exactly what I found when trying to take photos of mine!! 🙈

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks smart that, but I see what you mean about the fronts....... back looks perfect though!

Did you go 15mm front and 10mm rear like you mentioned before?

Exactly what I found when trying to take photos of mine!! 🙈

16mm fronts, 10mm rear.

Rears were strange, didnt seem like there was much hub sticking out for the wheel to sit on, made it a right pain to put the wheels back on!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Assume you had longer bolts for the rears, in the pics?

Only ever used stub axle spacers but does it seem strange you struggled refuting the wheels on the hub or is that the norm?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Assume you had longer bolts for the rears, in the pics?

Only ever used stub axle spacers but does it seem strange you struggled refuting the wheels on the hub or is that the norm?

Sure did mate.

IMG_6340.JPG

Rears were hard because there isnt that much hub poking out to start with, so with the 10mm spacer on, there was at most 5mm left sticking out. So it was hard to get the wheel on, without the spacer moving and losing the holes for the bolts to go in, whilst putting the bolts in with just 2 hands! Normally without spacers id put the wheel on and there would be enough hub for it to just sit on!

SQ5
With the standard wheels you would of got 16mm on rear with no rubbing. I had 25mm fronts then 10mm hub spacers with 5mm wheel spacers on rear and was spot on. Changed to Oz F1s and had to take the 5mm off and it still rubs

27d9731767a159830c3a8e78b65fa084.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Look good @Davyy

I know what you mean about the fronts being quite pushed out. I think if you push the back ones out a tiny bit more the fronts would look more in proportion, if that makes sense.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
I run 25mm hubcentric spacers all-round on my 182. To be honest I would rather run none at all but had to put front ones on at the time because I couldn't get the wheels over the 300mm discs & brembo callipers. I hope to loose them with some adjustment to the brake brackets and callipers coming up. I do think the car looks good with this compared to standard. If you hit a big bump on the road the backs scrub a bit but not on track.

As everyone says I don't think it helps handling. This is a video of the last track day I did. At 2m 27s you can see how the car moves on turn in which I think is related.

Some photos....
IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

Brands 1.JPG

PH1 V6
Having asked elsewhere and got zero answers, thought it worth an ask here.
The search for PH2 wheels is proving a bit fruitless unless I'm willing to pay through the nose so, spacers!
Looking at fitting 10mm to the rear and 15mm to the fronts, will only go with hub centric.
Anyone with any experience of them fitted to a PH1 V6?
Ta.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Do I need longer than standard (26mm) bolts to fit 5mm spacers?

And why isn't this thread stickied?

You doing 5mm front and back? I'm changing mine when I'm home for 5mm back and either 5mm or 10mm fronts. Found some 5mm hub Axel Spacers on eBay for the back as well.

Do I need longer than standard (26mm) bolts to fit 5mm spacers?

I always thought 5mm was the limit for the standard bolts so yes would be absolutely fine. BUT....... for extra peace of mind, I bought slightly longer bolts for mine anyway (30mm) to go with my 5mm PMS spacers all round as they were so inexpensive, didn't want to take the risk :up:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You doing 5mm front and back? I'm changing mine when I'm home for 5mm back and either 5mm or 10mm fronts. Found some 5mm hub Axel Spacers on eBay for the back as well.
I'm leaving the 10mm on the back for now. The knackered 15's I've had in the lathe and turned them down to 6mm. Worth a test to see what it looks like.