ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plug removal tool 1.2 16v

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Can someone point me into the right direction? Preferably on eBay or Amazon. I need the tool to remove spark plugs (or the socket to do it) - cheers.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I thought it had to be a special one as it's a very narrow gap and obviously really deep. So an extender and an 8mm will be ok?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
8mm?! Seems very small for a spark plug!

Spark plug socket sizes are different to normal sockets, the size on the socket refers to the size of the thread, not the nut size. So, a 10mm spark plug socket is actually a 16mm socket, a 14mm spark plug socket is a 21mm socket.

I would imagine you need a 10mm spark plug socket. It's unlikely that a normal socket will fit. They will be about £5 from Halfords.

E46 M3
A normal spark plug socket is to big to fit, you need a normal deep socket then use the ht lead to get the plug out

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Is there an official tool? I've never removed spark plugs before, so don't want to damage anything :)

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I'd just use a ring spanner. The socket with the slit in it is a pain in the dick.

isn't that a lambda sensor socket?

spark plug sockets are normal sockets with rubber bits in the end, so when you pull the socket out, if the plug is loose it comes out when you remove the socket.

2003 1.2 billabong
Is there an official tool? I've never removed spark plugs before, so don't want to damage anything :)

Yeah its like a really long bar that slides in and fits over the plug and pulls it out when its loose.

where are you located ? i bought one ages ago and more than happy to let you use it ( i live in dartford )

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I'm located in Derbyshire, so we're about a 3 hour drive away mate! Can you link me through to the tool on the internet? Thanks guys for all your help!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I'm located in Derbyshire, so we're about a 3 hour drive away mate! Can you link me through to the tool on the internet? Thanks guys for all your help!

Where a outs in Derbyshire are you?

Its a 14mm deep socket you need mate, it fits perfect in the holes and fits the spark plugs

I know because I removed mine from my old lump today

Luke you have my number mate, drop me a text if you have any questions at all mate :)