ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker wiring - advice please!

2003 Clio 1.4 16V
Right I'm in the process of upgrading the standard components in my 2003 Clio with some new Boston units. I've read it can be a bit of a pig to run new wire through the doors and hence I've come up with a possible solution.

My idea is to split the wiring loom that goes from the headunit and run a wire to the crossovers which will be installed in the dash. Then run the wire for the woofer from the crossover back into the original wiring loom where it was split. Thereby using the wiring that is already there to run the woofer. For the tweeter obviously just run a new cable from the crossover across the dash.

Does anyone know whether this will cause any problems? I know that for big quality/SPL installs all the wiring should be replaced but since I'm not amping the new components I think the standard wiring should be OK. My only concern is that there is some sort of filter in the original wire that goes from the headunit to the speaker (I know there will be one for the tweeter but I won't be using those wires).

If anyone can answer this question it would be most appreciated as I'm planning to finish the install tomorrow.

LY 182
oh and the filter you are talking about is a capacitor and its soldered directly to the bottom of the standard tweeters - so they are binned with the old tweeters
nothing to worry about