ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spoiler paint faded..

The paint on my spoiler and door handles seems to have faded a fair bit.. is this common? Im guessing the sun has got to it over the years. will polishing bring the colour back or is a respray my only option?

Its an Inferno 182 if i need to get a respray will they be able to get a exact colour match?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Both plastic so will fade. Try tcut or similar to see if it improves?

I allways find polish on top of tcut helps remove it easier.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Any pictures? It could be the lacquer that's faded (if so then a good polish may help) or it could be the paint (respray time). You won't know until you come to polish it really.

They shouldn't fade just because they are plastic, but it's possible that they have been painted since it left the factory.

Cheers guys.. ill stick some pics up later on.

Any pictures? It could be the lacquer that's faded (if so then a good polish may help) or it could be the paint (respray time). You won't know until you come to polish it really.

They shouldn't fade just because they are plastic, but it's possible that they have been painted since it left the factory.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Inferno plastics seems to fade more so than others, you could try a two stage machine polish but chances are to get it perfect it'll need painting :(