ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaks, rattles&rolls (well ok, knocks)

Can peeps all chip in here with their respective mechanical faults as Im going to get something off to Renault.

This is my brand new 05 182 cupped so far, 1000 miles on the clock:

Faint knocking from front drivers side when in low gears, changing, decellerating etc - this the famous engine mount problem presumably?

*Seemingly random* metallic squeak when pulling away from stationary with steering on near enough full right or left lock - Anyone know what this is? "CV joint"? - I seem to remember my 172 doing this!!?

Squeaking rear suspension, when going over bumpy ground slowly / bouncing the rear of the car up and down ie: squeak, squeak, squeak - any ideas or does something just need greasing up?

Any of the above potentially serious?

I have accepted the ABS self test knock when setting off, but should all of the above be happening on a brand new vehicle that they have had years of development time to sort out?

Would appreciate a poll on this, some feedback on the issues then I can get something sorted.

Cheers all, Si.

Black 182 + Recaros

Nothing to worry about mate. Do a search for knocks etc. All common problems. Shouldnt happen I know, but it does. Its been going on for years.

[Edited by MattyMarsh on 21 May 2005 at 2:53pm]

'18 Megane dci

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=127495&SearchPagePosition=1&search=span%20style=I did this to solve my knocking noise (mainly on decelleration), worked a treat, has never knocked since!

Ive never had a metallic squeak front the front on full lock or squeak from the rear suspension although the passenger side seatbelt anchor that screws into the side of the car near the floor was very loose whe I picked up my car new, this caused a slight mechanical rattle/squeak, might be worth a look at, was fine once tightened up!