ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky Koni rears for 172

Dear all,

I have purchased a set of adjustable Koni sport shocks for my Mk1 172. The fronts work brilliantly, and the adjustability of all 4 corners has really made the car enjoyable.

The rear pair has developed squeaks at the tops of the rear strut towers, especially when there is a torsional movement of the car, as well as when going over bumps. The Renault dealer has tried in vain to fix the problems.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks very much!

Wurlie

My Konis on my old MK1 clio got the same probs and its was the shocks that broke.

Try with some std ones on and see if it still squeeks.

Dear all,

thanks for your advice. It seems that the Koni importer in my country will replace the rear pair. I will let you know how I get on with the new pair.

Best,

Wurlie

Hi,

the fronts were 180 EUR, the rears were 150EUR per pair. I have no idea about other springs, as I am very happy with the OEM items, and did not want to spoil the handling balance.

I am not really bothered by how the car looks, most interested in performance, thats why the original 15" wheels are still on.

Best, Wurlie.