ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard engine mounts - Genuine or pattern

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I need to fit new mounts for my sprint car but they need to be standard, are the pattern parts from ECP or GSF up to the job or get genuine Renault.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
No link but ebay were very cheap
I'm sure good old Carl recommended FebI on ebay.They were fine on my cup before going for solid mounts

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Ive emailed one of the ebay sellers, just waiting on part number to order the febi ones.
I will post it up here.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I emailed the ebay supplier for part numbers and after about 4 emails back and to they basically sent me a list of all the febi mounts....for any bloody renault lol

monaco 172
I emailed the ebay supplier for part numbers and after about 4 emails back and to they basically sent me a list of all the febi mounts....for any bloody renault lol
I can confirm i just fitted the ebay febi part from my link and it fits fine.
No more shakey engine!

My old one was absolutely shot, non of the rubber was touching the surround plate.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Can't help you with regards to the bolts. If you have a look through my thread i believe it has the link to the eBay advert where i got my Febi ones from. Would be worth sticking a powerflex support in as well. If you want to go on track then swap to stiffer like Vibra.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I read somewhere they are shouldered and 40-50mm long, but one is different or something?!

Thickest washer I can find then? 1.5-2mm?

So many clashing bits of advice and don't want to pay Renault £20+ for them!
Are you on about the drivers side engine mount bolts ? If so , they are 45mm long and the washer is 4.5mm thick . I replaced mine with m10 x 40mm Flanged stainless bolts and 2 x 2.5mm washers on each bolt . Costs £5.11 delivered
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M5-M6-M8-M10-A2-Stainless-Steel-Flange-Hexagon-Hex-Head-Metric-Bolts-Screws/150935671186?_trksid=p2046732.c100040.m2060&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20140107095009&meid=11189bf074d84c18a72f6eee0aca689b&pid=100040&rk=2&rkt=4&mehot=pp&sd=222082541069

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A2-STAINL...hash=item2eceee8a88:m:mVMHt_U26AKkGWcsYMAshCg

And this is why we all pay CS membership people... That right there!

Nice one Billy, will get them ordered for my new engine mount and powerflex insert.

Hell I might even go 'all out' and buy a new stainless nut for the main thread as well ;)

Cheers pal :)

dan's cast offs.
why not get yours plated? would look fine in bzp and if you can find someone local should only cost a couple of quid.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd ask in here.

Anyone know whether the Febi Kangoo mounts are stiffer than the Febi Clio ones?

I know it says a few posts up but I didn't know whether that was just OEM ones or all aftermarket ones.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
No idea but the Febi mounts have tightened up the engine massively over the old worn mounts, even felt like vibra ones for a while.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
No idea but the Febi mounts have tightened up the engine massively over the old worn mounts, even felt like vibra ones for a while.

I think any will be an improvement over my standard 117k miles ones that have never been changed.

Just didn't know whether to go Febi Kangoo or Febi Clio on the engine mount.

Maybe @bloke knows?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I did ask Febi which ones fitted and they basically sent me everything they list on ebay lol