ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting problem . . .

hi all

the other day got into my clio, when turning the key to start, it was chocking to hell and would not start. a mate came down with jump leads and nothing at all, i was reading just under 12v on the battery. so put it in gear gave it a push and lifted the clutch and started without a problem. i have noticed this chocking before in the mornings.

what is the problem? starter motor?

cheers all

mandeep

PH1 172
Change the battery and see if that helps you out. Most starting problems are cause by a fooked battery

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
might have enough volts but what about ampage on load? Get it checked by free battery test centre

Clio 1.2 16V
It is most proberly battery I had this exact problem and then all of a sudden my battery jus died and my car wouldnt start or lock properly I had 2 keep bumping but then when all my electrics went doing about 50 I decided It had 2 be changed. CHanged the battery, no problems since :)