ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth shelf

anyone done an absolutly indistinguishable parcel shelf to take 6x9s, i can afford to have anything that can be spotted from the outside (thiefs) the phase 1 shelf has recessed sections that would need material sticking down, anyone done it?

lofty

my mate done it. its basically bought from stereo shops in a roll and u lay it over ya shelf so it looks flat and staple it underneath i believe. looks good too

yeah this is good i agree, but not enough to leave my mind at rest, i know it can be done but am not totaly sure how, i think it involves glueing, also where the material is proud of the shelf in paces it shows up alot in the sun and the way dust settles on it etc, maybe double thick material would do it,

lofty

its special acoustic material, its thick so u cant tell its there but doesnt muffle any sound. dead good stuff. - the way i see it though is everyone got 6x9s nowadays so long as u cant see nothin else people aint gonna know. i must over a grands worth of gear in my car but all u can see is 6x9s. just got to hide things.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I have one in my clio.
looks exactly like the original bumps and all.
Only it weights about 2 stone..lol
The sound you will get will be a million times better than just cutting the standard parcel shelf.

steve a

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I got mine cheap but I think they are about £80.
There are some crap ones out there which use sh*te material.
Basicaly you couldent see the 6x9s even with a torch looking through the back window.
They are covered by a fine mesh and the the material on top.

Trophy

Auto acoustic sell the branded stealth shelf which is identical to the standard shelf.
When ordering if you tell them the speakers you are fitting they will pre drill the holes and carpet it for you, so all you have to do is screw your speakers to the underside.

Check out their website at: www.stealthshelf.co.uk

Hope this helps.

ben i am not being funny mate but i wouldnt leave your car anywhere dodgey, 6x9s are worthy of quickly popping the window and making off with the alone, and if there more in there than its thier luck, i have had loads of stuff nicked out of my car and none of it was the slightest bit visable and it was fully alarmed too. the only way to avoid trouble is for the car too look like there is nothign worth having in there, trust me mate there is nothing worse than comeing out and finding its all missing, and dont even think of claiming cus they absolutly cripple you for insurance even if you go 3rd party only,

lofty

I am in the process of modifying my original parcel shelf into a stealth shelf!

I have cut exact MDF to slot into the recess spaces and will mount them onto the shelf - then mount my 6x9s into the wood. Then use pukka carpet to cover the lot!!

BMW 320d Sport

I tried modding my original parcel shelf for stealth and it was a washout. Because of the weight of the wood the shelf started to bend and really creaked badly. If you can afford it youre best off getting a proper Stealth Shelf. Put simply, they are solid quality, they work and they make the speakers sound 10 times better than anything else.

when i made a shelf for my last clio i used MDF but i also attached to L shaped metal bars to the shelf, drilled every few inches and used nuts and bolts to secure them. then i mounted the 6*9s and put wire mesh over the speakers to protect them. then finally covered in a felt material I bought. it was heavy but very strong. I used wood glue at attach dowling on the edge to hinge it. it tuck a while to make but only cost £8 in parts.

yeah i know what u mean ive had stuff nicked from my old car before. but then again i did always go around with it LOUD ive learned not to do this especially around where u live.