ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheels (Snappy Ones)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ok looks like I'm gonna go with snappy after Jesus' birthday.

Would be grateful if people could share pics of their 197/200 wheels to help me decide?

Ta

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Here's my ph1 wheel I had done , the difference between the airbag and wheel isn't so noticeable In person.
EED3083D-885A-4059-8541-144364C15012_zps4mbuh6kw.jpg

E8075DEF-169F-4E1B-B3AD-A6E8EF80C9B2_zpsi1jqbw6c.jpg

Clio II RS 182
Just a question how can I contact "snappy" to order a new steering wheel for my little blue ?
Thx.

Greg

A Few
Just a question how can I contact "snappy" to order a new steering wheel for my little blue ?
Thx.

Greg

search for Snappy (he has a profile on here), once you've found him, click on his name and you will see his "wall" with lots of messages etc.. look carefully and you will see his mobile contact number amongst the posts

2007 Megane R26
Here's mine. I had this done back in August but I've only recently taken pics as I sold the car last week.
Silver stitching, perforated sides and bottom. The leather Snappy uses is top notch and the workmanship is flawless.
I'll be contacting him again to do the wheel in my new R26 Megane.
20170123_195426_zpsirwxssfp.jpg

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
He can do after market wheels also @dann2707

Im getting a few sample pieces of blue alcantara sent to me from him this week. Once ive chosen the one i want, my Sabelt is off to him :smile:

Was a little while ago but did you get this done in the end?
Really want my Sabelt retrimmed, I know when I asked him before he couldn't get the right materials for the blue bit. How does it look if so?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've been in speaks with him today as I was sent some blue alcantara samples. I got to admit, I wanted them lighter but im not sure if it's possible as I think the blue alcantara is limited, as mentioned to you.

These are what I got sent.

20170131_192554.jpg

Ideally I'd like it brighter, just like the original is when it's new but if this cannot be done then I will settle for the lighter one as im sure it'll look good against the black perforated leather.

@LukeSi

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
@Dr Jekyll Keep me posted on how you get on, I'm really interested in seeing the finished result. You going leather and then just the top alcantara then?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I will buddy. Once I hear back from snappy it's being sent. He did say that he's got a lot on mind, which is to be expected considering he's workmanship.

I'm going black perforated leather all round and a blue alcantara top :up:

Golf Gti edition 30
Yeah he sure does.Believe he had a bit of trouble doing the gearknob with it still on the gearshaft but its turned out well.The leather and blue stitching now matches my snappy steering wheel :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Better pics. Gonna go and get it fitted in a bit, just wish the b*****d rain would sod off
Snappy has changed my opinions on LCR's too! Really didnt like them but his red one has changed my mind. No wonder it takes a month to do too, I went into his workshop he does bloody loads of stuff!! Top man.

24fd7617b41ad9e325434a3edec9845f.jpg
c35b54ea2f883ad127465c75a9b17031.jpg
c3f8d7f2a9b3668a4d3ae8f23faad4d5.jpg
aba8931e659dddf1815772ff0faa4610.jpg

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Loving these. I was thinking of a Royal trim for mine but seeing these and hearing the praise for Snappy, I'm sold!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
With the Mk2 Clio wheels its Snappy all day long. Royal seem to just cover up the thumb grips whereas Snappy incorporates them with leather etc. Looks x100 better.