ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub Box

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Has anyone ever made der own sub box? I want to know because i fink im gonna design my self a custom made box and waste as little space as poss in the little boot. Then im takin my design to a carpenters to knock it up for me! Im finkin of gettin 2 - 10" subs and i want to design a box which has the correct (or near) cubic metre capacity to get the best sound. If anyone has done this before or has any advice whatsoever, then it is much appreciated!

Thanks, Hon

ive done it b4..... advice? go to an ice installers and get some quotes for a custom box. get them to give you some ideas+ sizes, then see if it is cheeper to get a chippy to do it! Absolute must... get the subs first, or at least get the dimensions and required volume for box, coz if you get it wrong it will sound like sh*t.

luke

Yeah, Ive done my own aswell. Mines more or less the same size as most bass boxes for a 12" sub. If youre making your own and its too small for the sub i.e. too much punch and not enough rumble, you could fit longer ports.
Make sure when you make your box that you seal the insides so you dont get any air leaks, also put a divider between the two subs.
Im going to be re-installing all of my ice this year, maybe get it into doncster motor show next year.
Good luck matey.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Auto acoustics do a "StealthBox". Its moulded fibreglass but it fits snuggly into the side of the boot filling up those in accessable bits...Costs £140+ though.
Thinking of making my own too but as has been said before get your sub so you know how big the box needs to be!

BMW 320d Sport

Depends what the sub is. I seem to remember I made the box for my JL 10W0 around 0.8 or 0.9 cu ft.

But you really need the manufacturers specs to figure it out, whats your sub, 10" tells me itll be ok in a small box and would probably perform well in a sealed enclosure but we need more details?

every sub can vary greatly, but normally it is around 1qubic foot for a 10 (dont quote me on this), go to the manafacturas websites as they tend to have all the capacitys needed for each sub

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Well i was finking of the 10" Kicker Square Solobaric ones, because they look good and my friend has a set and they sound MEAN! Any of u guys had any experience with Kicker Squares? What make of subs would u recommend? I want 2 10" subs because i play a lot of beat/min tunes! Thanks

i still have a 1000 watt 10 inch alpine sat at home. the one in the dinky small ass box. if anyones interested its a couple of years old but nothing wrong with it, i just upgraded to twin 10s instead. ideal if u want bass and boot space though.

For £10 auto acoustics will do the sub box design for you so you can make it yourself.

http://www.autoacoustics.com/diybox.htm

Youll still need to know the specs for the sub (FS, Vas, Qts, Xmax, etc.) to fill out the form, or you could always find a prog on internet that will do the same for free. Try looking for Perfectbox or Blaubox which are (or were) the most popular box design softwares.