ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sump removal

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Never had to remove the sump on my dCi but if it's an alloy sump jacking the engine up and putting a block of wood under the engine mount will aid in getting it out. Can be a bit tight getting the ratchet in with the subframe close

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Need to drop the subframe on drivers side so enough room to get it over the oil pump.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
If it’s anything like my Megane one don’t bother refitting it, fit a new one or else it’ll leak (no matter how much sealant you use).

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
See, angle grinder job.
Had engine jacked up on the box, and subframe off when i done the pikey freshen up. Was losing the will to live taking the sump off. Felt like ringing the scrap man to drag it away:LOL:

Sump is alloy, so new gasket and good to go. It has a sequence to tighten the bolts too so follow that. Id change the oil pump gasket whilst there and crank seal as always wet in that area.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
On the sports, if you unbolt the upper left engine mount, put some wood in the gap, you then don't need to touch the subframe. It will come out round the oil pump no problem.

clio mk3 2006
Yes thanks for all your comments.I did not want to dismantle steering , suspension , subframe just to get a sump off as per the Haynes man..This all came about after i renewed the timing belt, oilseal, waterpump, after which you need to spin the engine over to check belt & pulleys are still positioned, but i could only rotate engine 15mins on a clockface.It has jammed up so need to take sump off to check what has happened.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Yes thanks for all your comments.I did not want to dismantle steering , suspension , subframe just to get a sump off as per the Haynes man..This all came about after i renewed the timing belt, oilseal, waterpump, after which you need to spin the engine over to check belt & pulleys are still positioned, but i could only rotate engine 15mins on a clockface.It has jammed up so need to take sump off to check what has happened.
I don't think your issue will be in the sump. More likely you have timed up cams wrongly or they have slipped so it's a valve hitting a piston.

Start by getting cyl 1 to tdc and then check cam timing marks/alignment. Be clear about which cylinder is cylinder 1 and which way cams should align.

clio mk3 2006
Thanks guys for your comments i did wonder if i had made that mistake. Ill have to recheck it all again .Many thanks again for your inputs.