ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday 26th September - Lakes Run

RB & LY 182
Oryt mike what time around will ya get to the lakes i'll come meet ya's for the pub meal and bit of a drive???

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
We will be up at windermere around 11am, can you recommend a pub we should go to with parking?

RB & LY 182
pub with parking??? not off top of my head but will think of 1 soon enough mate!

11am then eh that is great i will meet use all up there.

just hope we get NO RAIN !!!

None
I asked a mate of mine who's in laws own a guest house up there and he says there is a pub called the watermill inn which is in a village called ings, it's on the main road to windermere about two minutes out, he says it's quieter than the busy tourist pubs and is a nice place to eat, can't miss it either, it's next to the chrysler, jeep, dodge and subaru dealership on the left going towards windermere :)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?t=h&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF8&ll=54.380062,-2.853347&spn=0.001136,0.003484&z=19

Just an idea in case we don't find anywhere else.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Details :)

Hello

The lakes meet this weekend is as below:

Meet at Keighley 9:30 by halfords (BD21 3NJ) with a view of leaving by 10:00

We'll drive up to windermere on the usual roads with a nice little twisty towards the end, all low car friendly though.

Then at about 11:30-12:00 we will meet any of you that are meeting us at windermere at The Windmill Inn (LA8 9PY)

Then we can do whatever anyone else want, I can take us to do a pass or one of the more local people could take us for a drive, really depends on the weather.

I have checked the weather and at the moment it is sunny intervals, low chance of rain.

Any problems text (or ring) me on (pm me for my number)

Mike

None
I really fancy doing one of the passes but it might not be a good idea for me as i noticed a week or so back that my handbrake cable if frayed where it goes into the rear caliper............this plus steep drop off's and near vertical handbrake starts might not be the best combination :(
Looking forward to the trip though :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I really fancy doing one of the passes but it might not be a good idea for me as i noticed a week or so back that my handbrake cable if frayed where it goes into the rear caliper............this plus steep drop off's and near vertical handbrake starts might not be the best combination :(

Well I did the passes on a 125 bike last time, no hand brake lol and tbh I rarely stopped.

None
Yeah to be honest i'll probably do it if everyone else is up for it Mike.................just don't be behind me on the way up the pass ;).........though luckily i'm usually at the back anyway :rasp:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Bring a cable with you, and il fit it while ur up here :p

I should be in the disco so i can drag you up ;)

None
Cheers for the offer :)
though hopefully the cable should hold, i just noticed the black protective cover over it had broken and two or three strands of the cable had frayed with rust so it's not drastic yet, i'll have to find one from somewhere pretty soon though :)........oh and last time i was up there was in my old discovery, i loved being able to see much better than in the clio and also playing with the low range box going over the tops was fun too :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Cheers for the offer :)
though hopefully the cable should hold, i just noticed the black protective cover over it had broken and two or three strands of the cable had frayed with rust so it's not drastic yet, i'll have to find one from somewhere pretty soon though :)........oh and last time i was up there was in my old discovery, i loved being able to see much better than in the clio and also playing with the low range box going over the tops was fun too :)

If it aint badly frayed you should be fine for now. I love playing with all the stuff on our discovery, it has all kinds of things, height adjustment, offroad, ice, gravel tracks etc :cool:

None
is yours a discovery 3 then?.........mine was a 300tdi, not much in the way of toys really but still fun to drive,don't think they even got hill decent till the discovery series 2, amazingly my disco was easier than the clio to park sitting so high up :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The little dial in the 3's is ace for different surfaces. We had a little play in the snow last winter with one.

Also managed to get all 4 wheels sliding sidewards, really fun cars :D

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm out for this one I'm afraid.

It's 58 miles to meet in keighly for me and then the additional miles to the lakes is just too hardcore for me (after a night shift anyways!).

Have a good one.

None
I'm a definate, looking forward to it :)........and i'm getting two new handbrake cables tomorrow so happy days :D

Oh and by the way that pub doesn't open till 12 so might have to re think the place to eat.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a definate, looking forward to it :)........and i'm getting two new handbrake cables tomorrow so happy days :D

Oh and by the way that pub doesn't open till 12 so might have to re think the place to eat.

Tbh, i reckon we'll be knocking on 12 by the time we get there

None
Mike i've seen you drive ;)

Matt i can't believe you would pass this drive up for the sake of a few petrol pennies :).......this is what your car was made for :D

RB & LY 182
ive just looked at their website im all for that pub to be honest its gna be great for some pics!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mike i've seen you drive ;)

Matt i can't believe you would pass this drive up for the sake of a few petrol pennies :).......this is what your car was made for :D

lol, lets face it though, we will get a bit stuck behind traffic some of the way, which will even it all out

nice change of avatar btw, much better than your other :approve:

None
Cheers for arranging it Mike, it was a shame some didn't bother turning up as it was a good drive out with good weather, that one was a difficult run to keep people together due to the lack of overtaking places but a good drive all the same,

I can't believe how quick it was there and back in the clio compared to the land rover :).......Glad we didn't do the pass after what that guy said about when he did it the other week.

I'll put some pics up soon.

About half dropped out. Think I just seen 6 or 7 were suppose to come and only 3 came + a late arrival ;)

Cheers for the heads up on this meet to the NW lot, shame nobody else from the NW wanted to come. I decided to head back to the M6 after a few mins past the m6 because i couldn't be bothered with the hassle of all the sunday drivers on the way back. That and the fact i would of been going out the way to come home.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
About half dropped out. Think I just seen 6 or 7 were suppose to come and only 3 came + a late arrival ;)

Cheers for the heads up on this meet to the NW lot, shame nobody else from the NW wanted to come. I decided to head back to the M6 after a few mins past the m6 because i couldn't be bothered with the hassle of all the sunday drivers on the way back. That and the fact i would of been going out the way to come home.

50% drop out - that's better than normal for a yorks meet.

None
I thought more North west members would show up there, it's maybe because they don't have a krispy kreme in windermere :rasp:

Mini Cooper S
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm krispie kreme's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah the pass is not for the faint of heart i prefer the fast roads on the fells!! most of our lot were on a pistonheads meet up in scotland!