ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof..

Ive got a leaky sun roof in my valver, the last owner done a botch job.

Was wondering where the cheapest place is to get a sunroof.

Renault Qouted me £174 For the full thing. & £18 For the seal but ive still to see if its that the only bit I need.

Mk1 Clio Phase 1 1.8 16v

Are all Clio sunroofs the same!

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Is it your sunroof thats leaking ?? Or is it the airel thats letting in water as they all normally do at some stage !!

Check thet its not your airel first !! Coz that is a nice cheap one to sort out, Rather than going straight to the sunroof and finding out that its the airel.

Do you know where its leaking from the sunroof.

Its must probably the frame lifting from the roof and letting water in. A bit of silicone will sort this.

If its the seal, you can clean it out and re-seal it, and see if it stops it. If not, your buggered really, cos itll need a new frame.

Which renault dealer did you get that quote from, as you cant buy seals seperatly for the mk1 clios.

My local dealer quoted me over £308 for a new sunroof frame, and over £150+ fitting.

My Phase 3 had a simliar problem with the plastic surround leaking. unwilling to pay Renault prices i removed the sunroof and put some waterproof thin foam sealing strip around it (from a diy store desgned for boat windows). Bolted it back down and job done! No more leaks at all!:D

Quote: Originally posted by Mike Wright on 03 May 2003

My Phase 3 had a simliar problem with the plastic surround leaking. unwilling to pay Renault prices i removed the sunroof and put some waterproof thin foam sealing strip around it (from a diy store desgned for boat windows). Bolted it back down and job done! No more leaks at all!:D
Good idea that!

Thats what i did and it worked Tom. Takes ages to remove all the interior stuff and roof linning but its easy to do. The sunroof has bolts underneath which you just unbolt all the way around.

Use a cleaner and wipe the lip of both the sunroof and roof then attach the seal strip to the inner edge. Bolt back together and it compresses the rubber seal making a watertight fit! The seal strip is adhesive both sides!

Total Cost £4:30p plus a bit of time!