ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super Service?

2003 1.4 16V Clio
Hi guys,
Just bagged myself a tidy little 2003 1.4 16V Dynamique Billabong with 60k for £500. Needed a little runaround instead of my TT as I've just bought a house that needs a LOT of work. So thought I'd join the forums and get your opinion on servicing.

I've done my research, and plan on doing a mega-service to cover all bases, as the service history on the car doesn't really tell me that much. I plan to change the following:

Oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, coolant, brake fluid, cam belt and aux belt.

Can anyone recommend anything else that should probably be changed? I was thinking maybe the gearbox oil. And can anyone link me to a decent cambelt and aux belt kit for my engine, as everywhere I've looked they seem to stock different options. I don't know which one I need, and I don't want to go buying the wrong one!

Oil - Halfords recommend Mobil1 New Life 0w40, people on some forums recommend 5W40, some recommend 10w40, and the service book says 5W30/5W40/10W40/15W40. No idea!

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Brakes - if needed. Might be worth pulling them apart and cleaning them up anyway
Tyres - if needed
Suspension - check over

I reckon the items I've listed above aren't really service items but worth having a check over

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
5w40 oil
Cambelt on the 1.4 will need the correct locking tool, pin, horse shoe etc.

2003 1.4 16V Clio
Ok, Cambelt i'll leave to a pro, but the rest I intend to do myself. How much gearbox oil will I need?

Spent about 5 hours taking out the whole sunroof and getting all the silicone off that the previous owner *attempted* to fix it with (Cheers pal) now it's sat without a lid on until my draft excluder arrives that I can stick under to seal it. Knackered!