ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPERCHARGED Alien Green 200 - PROGRESS TO DATE

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
We've been considering changing the 2 x ph1's for a 197/200 as a shared toy as looking for houses with enough parking is proving not that easy!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Looking great matey.

And the window tints removal would be the first thing I would do - I hate them with a passion!!!!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Oh and sorry but the spoiler needs changing but I think I have said that before :wink:

Epic car - good job it wasn't a little bit cheaper and closer to Sheffield otherwise you may not have been the new owner :wink:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
We've been considering changing the 2 x ph1's for a 197/200 as a shared toy as looking for houses with enough parking is proving not that easy!
All I can say is out the box they are amazing handling. Chasis is stiffer than the 172 / 182. If I jack either side at the rear both rear wheels are off the deck. Only thing of note / downside is that the parts (track consumables) are a fortune compared to the phase 1 & 2.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Looking great matey.

And the window tints removal would be the first thing I would do - I hate them with a passion!!!!
I can only agree Paul. If it's factory fit glass I like, when it's stick on then it's just a waste of time!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Oh and sorry but the spoiler needs changing but I think I have said that before :wink:

Epic car - good job it wasn't a little bit cheaper and closer to Sheffield otherwise you may not have been the new owner :wink:

Ha! I know. I'm kinda glad it was in Scotland mate!

I'm still undecided about the spoiler. I'm not a fan of them without, I don't like the standard ones and some days I'm all for a cup one, then other days I'm not so sure. This one is kinda understated which I like. Do you know if the holes that will have been drilled for this one, line up with the cup one? Actually I must check if this one is actually bolted on.......??

If it's factory fit glass I like, when it's stick on then it's just a waste of time!

Totally agree, never had 'film' tint on any car of mine......... had factory fitted tints in my 2 old EP3 Type R's which looked ok and couldn't take out anyway but when it came to the window tint film sunstrip in my 182 (no i'm not joking) that soon got ripped out when I got the car lol

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
As the weather for the rest of the week is meant to be a writeoff, I thought I would give the front arches a clean up..... didn't get time to get the steamer out tonight, but got the wheels off, foamed and decreased everything, checked callipers bolts, re locktited the wheel studs, copper lubed the necessary parts and then re built (both sides) 😅.....

IMG_5846.JPG
IMG_5847.JPG
IMG_5849.JPG

Will spend a bit more time cleaning the alloy / cast parts when I have a little longer and a bit more light, but happy now that brakes, suspension components and studs have been checked over and set :up:

Set the adjusters similar to the Trophy set up for KNOCKHILL, but that really is guess until I get her out on track. Impressed with how well the Gaz Golds are holding up, as I'm so used to the AST quality, only wish the adjusters on the front were more acccessible, hopefully I'll be able to get at them when it's on full lock, but I'm thinking not 🙈......

More to follow.....

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
They are
Take some wood with you if you're not trailering it and you can get the fronts high enough to access the adjusters no?
It will be on the trailer John. The adjusters sit quite high, in line with the Gaz sticker, and with the car being low I'm not quite sure if my arm shall bend that far. once its up on the jack it should be ok..........

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Not a lot to report tonight.......

De tarred the whole car, foam washed, wax washed and then an express wax (aquawax) as a quick seal..... as usual tonight though, just get it dried off and then the rain starts!!

Even in the dark the results are noticeable though......

IMG_5855.JPG
IMG_5856.JPG
IMG_5857.JPG

or maybe I'm just convincing myself

Thinking I'm going to have to get the black at the front painted though, as I don't like the fact someone in a past life has screwed the number plates on. Most possibly the rear too, as it has the same issue! Wouldn't bother me that much if the screw holes were actually symmetrical, but that was obviously too much to ask!!

More to follow.....

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Surely they're hidden anyway when the plates are on? Looks lovely though, really really like the colour! I was reading your old trophy thread the other day too.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Surely they're hidden anyway when the plates are on? Looks lovely though, really really like the colour! I was reading your old trophy thread the other day too.
Yes they are hidden away when the plates are on mate, even the small plates I have, but i know they are there lol..... I'll live with it just now though

I miss the trophy mate, speak to the guy who owns it regularly, not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing though

Looking good Craig. I'll see you up at K Hill on 16th. I'm not on track but around to watch. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 200.
My Cups going up for sale. Back to road car spec over the winter. Sad to see it go when it goes but onto the next project for this season.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Looking good Craig. I'll see you up at K Hill on 16th. I'm not on track but around to watch. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 200.
My Cups going up for sale. Back to road car spec over the winter. Sad to see it go when it goes but onto the next project for this season.
Will be good to catch up Paul, not good re the cup, but I'll be looking forward to seeing the new project :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
It's easy seeing you're getting old when your happy that your Friday night consist of cleaning / working on the car! So I must be getting old :smile:......

All tints are removed and the car internally was given a good deep clean, so if I get time on Sunday the shining process can start :up:

IMG_5870.JPG
IMG_5867.JPG
IMG_5868.JPG
IMG_5866.JPG

Top tip for anyone removing tints...... I had looked on line before starting and saw a youtube clip that suggested steam the film and it peels off with no residue in seconds! Tried that for the rears and the residue was still there and hours spent removing it 🙈

With the fronts I tried it again, but this time steamed the whole window for a good few minutes before then keeping the steam going as I peeled it, came of in minutes with no residue on one and a patch the size of a 5p on the other! Result :smile:

Anyway as we've established I'm old, so time today relax for the night! Happy that the hard work is done, car is nut and bolt checked over and the shining is all that's left to do!

Also think I've worked out a plan that may mean the number plate screw holes would be hidden, so if that works I'll be happy!

Tomorrow will be spent working on cars of a different make. The mate has entered the first round of the rally season at Ingleston, so I get the pleasure of being in the service crew, not quite sure how I managed that!

IMG_5874.JPG

More to follow.....

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Corsa is seemingly an ex factory shell of yesteryear..... mechanics and suspension very good. It went well yesterday. Finished 37 out of 82 and given it was its first outing, his first time driving it etc, then reasonable. It drew a lot of looks especially after the side was re modelled courtesy of a hay bale!! It will be repaired in the next week, with a rear suspension mod and new carbonkevlar body kit, boot and bonnet fitted so hopefully better things next outing..... will keep you updated

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well after 2 weeks of trying to get the bloody gear knob off I thot I would give it a try after the car had been sitting in the sun all day..... at last!!

Now I can change the torn gator over with the new yellow stitched one to match the mats :up:

IMG_5901.JPG

Will persevere with taking the stapes out later today..... think I'll turn it so you can see the yellow stitching from the rear:smile:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well a bit more progress this afternoon!

IMG_5898.JPG
IMG_5900.JPG
IMG_5909.JPG
IMG_5914.JPG

Now just got to fit the lap timer and either remove the passengers dash air bag or turn it off..... does anyone know if it's a key switch like most cars or will I need CLIP to disable the passengers air bag?

Oh and look at fitting an extinguisher system... I'll go for electronic activation system as the buttons are far neater than the pulls :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Oh and fitted a slightly brighter 46 sticker on this one.... went for red on the Trophy, which blended in, this does have green in it though

IMG_5907.JPG

More to follow....

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well a bit more progress this afternoon!

View attachment 182572 View attachment 182573 View attachment 182574 View attachment 182575

Now just got to fit the lap timer and either remove the passengers dash air bag or turn it off..... does anyone know if it's a key switch like most cars or will I need CLIP to disable the passengers air bag?

Oh and look at fitting an extinguisher system... I'll go for electronic activation system as the buttons are far neater than the pulls :up:
Clip can only turn off an airbag if it isn't connected. Otherwise it'll just throw an error.

To just disable it there's a switch on the side of the dash that's where the passenger door shuts on it.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Clip can only turn off an airbag if it isn't connected. Otherwise it'll just throw an error.

To just disable it there's a switch on the side of the dash that's where the passenger door shuts on it.
Cheers, yeah CLIP would be for once I've removed it... if there's a switch on the side of the dash that will save the hassle :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Reading a post in 200.net it says that if the car came with Recaros from the factory it doesn't have a switch to turn the air bag off..... that's not good!

Must of had Recaros in from new then 🙈

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Reading a post in 200.net it says that if the car came with Recaros from the factory it doesn't have a switch to turn the air bag off..... that's not good!

Must of had Recaros in from new then 🙈
Ah mine didn't. And it was a 197 but assumed it was just the same.

There has to be a way to disable it surely? Although maybe you can't put a child seat in the recaros hence no need to turn the airbag off?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Ah mine didn't. And it was a 197 but assumed it was just the same.

There has to be a way to disable it surely? Although maybe you can't put a child seat in the recaros hence no need to turn the airbag off?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Will do some digging.... worst case take it out and deactivate or put a resistor in :up: