ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surrey / East Sussex member list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi guys,

Would be nice to know how many of you lot are currently on here.

Will be looking to expand the users from these areas and hopefully get some decent meets underway, would be good to see where I'm starting from.

If you have any ideas/suggestions then definitely PM me them!

Cheers,

Lee

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm in Hove literally at the bottom of the 23.

Don't think there's been much activity near here for a while. That's said I quite often pop up to Buckmore park (Maidstone) for gokart practice sessions which is a good laugh and I'd imagine ripe for a meet location.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'm in Hove literally at the bottom of the 23.

Don't think there's been much activity near here for a while. That's said I quite often pop up to Buckmore park (Maidstone) for gokart practice sessions which is a good laugh and I'd imagine ripe for a meet location.
Hey Jeff - yeah, I've got the feeling the area is quite dead! Hopefully we can bring some life to it! Something like go-karting will definitely be on the cards once we've built up enough members in the Surrey/E Sussex area! Feel free to tag anyone in this thread you know of in your area!

Clio 172 RS Ph1
Hey I'm in west Sussex 10miles north of Worthing will be attending any meets local enough as long as its not a tank of fuel away and family commitments don't get in the way :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'm in sutton Surrey, there seems to be very few round my way
Yeah, I'll try my best to get more members round the Surrey way. Obviously it would be great if other Surrey members would help!

Hey I'm in west Sussex 10miles north of Worthing will be attending any meets local enough as long as its not a tank of fuel away and family commitments don't get in the way :smile:

Cool mate, working on building up a user base and then will start getting ideas underway with the help from everyone involved in the area! Times/dates/locations etc!

Clio 172 RS Ph1
Looking forward to showing of my doggy ph1 to some ppl that know what there looking at before she gets an overhaul (new owner had it 1month)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Looking forward to showing of my doggy ph1 to some ppl that know what there looking at before she gets an overhaul (new owner had it 1month)
Phase 1's are beautiful mate! Be good to see it out and about when we organise something!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'm in camberley, Surrey. Don't post though as you can see :tongueout:
I'm in Camberley a fair bit mate! I live in Berkshire, on the A308 so literally 10 houses up from my house is Surrey/Runnymede.

Go to Camberley tattoos now and again and occasionally on a night out there! Get more involved mate!

106 gti
Yeah will do mate!
I'm in an arctic 182 never see many others around apart from rob who's also on here :)
Seen a couple of 197's not much else though haha

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah will do mate!
I'm in an arctic 182 never see many others around apart from rob who's also on here :smile:
Seen a couple of 197's not much else though haha

Be nice to get a good mix out! Feel free to tag anyone you know from the area in this thread. If you have anything you'd like to see happen, send me a PM mate.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'm going to really try and get something done before Christmas. Just one final meet of the year for us lot! I'm sure @Sunglasses_Ron will attend as well so if he's ever given you any infractions/warnings, now would be the time to jump him.

I kid, it's never wise threatening a policeman!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Definitely mate - it has to be available for all of us.

As I'm covering a fairly large area (2 counties), it would have to be somewhere central for both sides.

This means locations won't always be as close as you like but in the same breath they won't be unfair for other members of the area, for example.. have it at the arse end of Surrey would be unfair for the sussex lot.

I'll look to plan something shortly.

Anyone have any preferred locations and/or ideas? A drive? A meal? etc?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Definitely mate - it has to be available for all of us.

As I'm covering a fairly large area (2 counties), it would have to be somewhere central for both sides.

This means locations won't always be as close as you like but in the same breath they won't be unfair for other members of the area, for example.. have it at the arse end of Surrey would be unfair for the sussex lot.

I'll look to plan something shortly.

Anyone have any preferred locations and/or ideas? A drive? A meal? etc?
I wouldn't go to a meal TBH. A drive (without too much emphasis on photos as my car is a heap) or some sort of activity (go karting/paintball/airsoft/car racing sim) would be my preference.

Clio 172 RS Ph1
Gokarting in Crawley indoor track is a good laugh and kinda central for an idea though it gets pretty busy in there so might need prebook

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yep there's plenty of options for that type of thing as long as people are up for paying for something like that.
Buckmore park is only in Maidstone and is about an hour drive from me (bottom of the A23) and is a kilometer long outdoor track with 11hp karts. Chances of a wet track this time of year is fairly good but it's such a laugh in the wet or dry. About £50 for a 30-45 minute practice session or £70 for a race with trophies etc.
That said I'm also definitely up for indoor karting as it's closer.

Clio 172 RS Ph1
Like you say depends on if others are up for it and can afford it £50-70 a bit on the pricey side for my liking not that I wouldn't want to

BMW M4; S1000 RR
TBH I'm always up for karting whether it's a big meet or just a few people. Hell I normally goto Buckmore on my own as money is usually the reason people don't want to go (or that I smell maybe..) on the plus side you can use Clubcard vouchers to pay there so that's the main reason I get to go as often.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'll look in to options for you guys - both convenient locations as well as prices. £50-70 is a lot to ask. Leave it with me and I'll look in to a couple of options on Monday. Please continue to add all of your ideas in here though!

Well to be honest would be a good idea to do a meet and greet first as I haven't met anyone for a clio sport meet before, I am probably the only one, then gives us all a chance to get to talking get a few pics etc

Clio 172 RS Ph1
Well to be honest would be a good idea to do a meet and greet first as I haven't met anyone for a clio sport meet before, I am probably the only one, then gives us all a chance to get to talking get a few pics etc
I only joined a week ago and not done any meets either, my first any only posts have been in this thread. Not that I haven't been looking on the forum for a while and will be starting a project thread when I got something worth posting [emoji4]

Clio 172 RS Ph1
A Sunday morning breakfast/brunch like there putting together in north weild might be a good idea coffee fryup and maybe a short cruise

Clio 172 RS Ph1
I was wanting to go up to that one but I'm skint till I get paid and its 80miles each way for me not that I wouldn't enjoy the drive and the sound as I'm going throw Dartford tunnel ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.