ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspect oil leak....

2005 Clio 182 ff
Hi all,

My first post so go easy! Picked up a 182ff a couple of weeks ago as a little run around, the steering wheel was slightly off so took it in to be laser aligned and it was way out so that is now all good. While on the ramp i noticed the passenger side CV joint rubber was split and making a mess so thats issue number 1, is it a straight forward replacement? CV joint seems to be ok, no nocking on full lock etc. also noticed oil leaking, see attached pic, i know it can be difficult to tell where its coming from but can anyone have a guess lol?
20170819_102103.jpg

2005 Clio 182 ff
Sump gasket?
Hadnt thought of that, the car has not long been serviced but i was planning on doing oil and filter anyway, probably not too difficult to change the sump gasket at the same time while its drained? I will get it on the lift and have a proper look, hopefully you're right

2005 Clio 182 ff
Clean it all up and see where it's coming from?

My dad has a lift at home so when im bk (in portugal at the moment) ill investigate. Presumably i need to remove the undertray so i can expose everything clean it all down and run it?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
My dad has a lift at home so when im bk (in portugal at the moment) ill investigate. Presumably i need to remove the undertray so i can expose everything clean it all down and run it?

You may get the undertray off and it be blindingly obvious but if not, yeh that's what I'd do.