ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swap a 172 breather plate for a 182 one issue?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I have a 172 engine thats running a rs2 so the 172 plate is breathing into the air can i put a 182 plate on as its blanked or would it cause a issue?

dan's cast offs.
just leave it as it is, no need to do anything to it. assume you've binned the carbon canister as well?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
just leave it as it is, no need to do anything to it. assume you've binned the carbon canister as well?
Yeh that will be going in the bin. Cheers i will drop pms a message see what it would cost for the plate if not leave it it is cheers

Yep defo different between the 172 and 182 lumps. Cant just swap the camcovers either as they are matched to the head

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
This is why the original RS2 coil pack bracket fixed over that breather port.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I got a spare 172 one welded up.
Cut the chimney off and placed a blank on it, blobbed up the carbon canister outlet. Left the one at the rear to go to a catch can.
The PMS plate would be nice but won't work with the standard inlet manifold