ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 1st F4R Manifold converted to fit an F7R (I Think)

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Well i have been a busy bee recently. For those of you that dont read my project thread i have had a little bit of fun fabricating a F4R manifold (from a clio 172) to fit my F7R. I believe that I am the first person to do it. I know a couple of people had started to do it but didn’t follow it through because of the amount of work involved. I hope that this is going to be a decent upgrade to the standard valver manifold and downpipe as well as the Williams item and the aftermarket Supersprint item. Also this hasn’t cost me too much money to make just a lot of my time!

533.jpg

534.jpg

I had the inside face (gasket face) fusion welded to teh flange to allow no leakages so then i had to file the welds flat just to stop the exhaust from having poor flow.

535.jpg

536.jpg

537.jpg

Comments please thanks Dan

182 Cup
looks cool but hopefully you wont get bad pulse effect tuning from the welds intruding the inner side of the pipe!

Looks good needs a bit of finishing off (rounding the holes where it meets the mounting plate. be keen to see what improvements it makes.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
I'm hoping the improvements wil be good as the main part of the manifold is a bigger bore. The welds on the inside I'm going to file down a bit. It took me long enough to do the ones near the flange so that's a job for another day lol

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Yeah i know exactly what you are saying Danny.

Fromt he look of your picture though the manifold will fail against the starter motor once the bottom end is in place. I dont think your one will fit an F7P/R once the engine is complete.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
well it would foul the F7R starter, but not an F4R one.....but i didn't want to pay for one of those ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The 172 manifolds are superb bits of kit, and worth pennies because they never crack so no one is ever looking for one, so it makes a lot of sense.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Well I went to Surrey rolling road yesterday tin a few members off of here and clio16valver.

The spec of my car is as follows:

Standard 72000 mile F7R
Custom made 172 manifold
Ktec decat twin lambda one
Ktec silenced stealth
172 airbox with piper cross race filter
Non pas conversion

It made 171.1 with standard ecu and then 177.2 with the chipped ecu. It does look like on the last run he backed off before the limiter of 7000 ( probably find make any more power after that)

8d55195d46aa1ecbe9e247db8ef8e760.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Incredible result with standard cams. I wish I'd got round to fitting mine before breaking the car now

340i
Great results there! Considering 172 manifolds are worth 47p too, cheaper upgrade for the MK1 boys.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
most definately worth all of the agro i had with fitting this part. The only reason i did it was because i couldnt be bothered to change my 172 antiroll bar to a williams one so that my supersprint manifold would fit so i thought f**k it i have the time and the means whats the worst that could happen i scrap it and start again.

Well happy with the result especially as i wound up my mates with f4r's :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted a supersprint to my F7R and that made a massive difference.

Nice results. I bet it pulls lovely.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
I fitted a supersprint to my F7R and that made a massive difference.

Nice results. I bet it pulls lovely.

it is a nice car to drive apart from the bone shaking ride lol. Can't wait to actually use it properly in the summer

Megane I 2,0 16v
Megane F7R, modified standard manifold and custom downpipe, some head work and 2,5" exhaustsystem
19d00522ad903d3888c2885f1518f05c.jpg
a82c462413b461340174d098a706a0f3.jpg
ff1a93be4c230b962960e86ad6af124d.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I have a custom made manifold for a F7R engine fitted to a mk2 Clio. Cost a bit but very good.