ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The cost of console gaming!

Crickey, just a bit of a rant really.
I was a Pc gamer for 4 years but sold my rig a year or so ago.
Yesterday I picked up a cheap Xbox one to keep me busy while the misses is away but the game prices are a joke!

Don't think I paid over £30 for a release title ever bit Xbox store are wanting over 50 for games that are years old.

Bonkers!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Gold membership gives a lot of good offers. Every month 2 free 360 and 2 free xbone games. About half a dozen a year are actually decent, for example Project Cars was one the other month.

Gold members also get access to loads of offers, making some of the older games fairly well priced.

Then if you don't mind swapping discs the likes of Tesco and Amazon are your best bets for cheap new releases, think Horizon 3 cost me about £32 back when it came out.

You are getting cheap hardware, especially close to launch, they have to make money somewhere!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Nail. Head. :smile:

I think £40-£50 is a fair price for a good-sized and newly released game.
I'd agree if every game wasn't the same and had a decent story mode behind it.

Everyone seems to skimp on the play these days and just ship out mmo s**t all the time.

Then it's all the same

Rinse and repeat.

I haven't bought a console game in years

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Gold membership gives a lot of good offers. Every month 2 free 360 and 2 free xbone games. About half a dozen a year are actually decent, for example Project Cars was one the other month.

Gold members also get access to loads of offers, making some of the older games fairly well priced.

Then if you don't mind swapping discs the likes of Tesco and Amazon are your best bets for cheap new releases, think Horizon 3 cost me about £32 back when it came out.

You are getting cheap hardware, especially close to launch, they have to make money somewhere!
Thanks for the Gold reminder. It's coming up for renewal again and I've not switched on my 360 in two years. Always nice to see you getting charged a membership fee when you don't use it!

Totally agree with the freebie games given out, though. When I did use the Xbox, some of the titles given away with Gold membership were pretty impressive.

Destiny was an eye opener for me. Not really played anything like it, can't wait for the 2nd.

BF1 is great, the operations alone make it stand out.

Ghost Recon is proving to be a big time consumer too.

Titanfall 2 also good, story is actually quite good!

Destiny was an eye opener for me. Not really played anything like it, can't wait for the 2nd.

Ghost recon is on my buy list

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

I forgot I owned Titanfall 2 & Ghost Recon. I should probably play them

My £11 sealed gears of war 4
Can't complain about this one but the games are still bloody expensive lol
be12cba8517bd821908885079ebc5a61.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Nail. Head. :smile:

I think £40-£50 is a fair price for a good-sized and newly released game.

Only if that is the actual cost.
When it's £45 the game and the same again for the DLC then it's a pisstake.

Especially in cases like the last Star Wars game, which on release had no single player mode and only 3 or 4 maps for multiplayer.
Everything else was booted out as DLC.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Only if that is the actual cost.
When it's £45 the game and the same again for the DLC then it's a pisstake.
It very much depends on the DLC for me personally. The Witcher 3 DLC I would have gladly paid near-on the cost of a full price game for; it was fantastic and, even better, it was nowhere near the cost of a full game. But yeah, some DLC is just cr4p and arguably not worth the extra outlay. Very often content that was destined for a game's release, but was delayed for whatever reason, is provided later as DLC. That annoys me but I can appreciate the reasons behind it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I want to get it just for that reason. It's around £21 for PC at the minute..... I think I'll wait for it to become still cheaper though. :wink:

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You can get cheap games digitally, I'm not sure about on Xbox, but on PS4/PSN if you go to the digital stores for Canada and the US you get much better prices, at times, better than any available UK price for a physical copy.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've only recently built myself a nice PC which is capable of playing on good settings. I've lost count on how many games I've bought for it that cost less than £7. Obviously not the latest and greatest but a hell of a lot cheaper than similarly aged games go for on the LIVE or PSN stores.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can get cheap games digitally, I'm not sure about on Xbox, but on PS4/PSN if you go to the digital stores for Canada and the US you get much better prices, at times, better than any available UK price for a physical copy.

You can run into issues later though, especially with DLC.

USA/Canada are region 1, Europe is region 2.
If you buy a game in region 1 you must by the DLC in region 1 as well, buy region 2 DLC and it won't work.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You can run into issues later though, especially with DLC.

USA/Canada are region 1, Europe is region 2.
If you buy a game in region 1 you must by the DLC in region 1 as well, buy region 2 DLC and it won't work.
Yeah, I know the deal, but I think it's good to have all the options available. I tend to buy any Indie games this way.

Plus you'll have no issue with Ultimate Editions/Game of the Year Editions.