ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dirty Car Christmas Competition 2016. Auto Finesse kit up for grabs!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
@Brett posted this on FB earlier.

Pretty impressive tbh.

15391018_10154557511470219_8912722930930009467_n.jpg

Don't know how some of you get them so dirty!
I haven't cleaned mine since beginning of November and I've done just over 2k miles, nowhere near as bad as some of you lot after only a few hundred miles!

My white paint is looking nicotine stained all over with some lovely sections of pure filth developing. Was confident I was onto a winner but the competition is stiff!!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Don't know how some of you get them so dirty!
I haven't cleaned mine since beginning of November and I've done just over 2k miles, nowhere near as bad as some of you lot after only a few hundred miles!

My white paint is looking nicotine stained all over with some lovely sections of pure filth developing. Was confident I was onto a winner but the competition is stiff!!

I wouldn't worry to much. A lot of the really good ones aren't full members so can't win the prize :wink:

I'm deliberately driving my runaround through mud and the farmers mess in the middle and sides of the lanes lol

I think motorways and gritters throwing the salt around are the only way to get it properly lagged like the Astra above!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
To be fair, I'd just come home from the work Christmas party and that may have somewhat clouded my judgement.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm deliberately driving my runaround through mud and the farmers mess in the middle and sides of the lanes lol

I think motorways and gritters throwing the salt around are the only way to get it properly lagged like the Astra above!

I'll show you how.

Salty motorways are NOT the way to do it - your car will be minging, but it will also be rotting. The best roads for getting covered in lovely freshwater mud are the ones the gritters can't get down.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You're front wheel looks so different to the back wheel once its clean! It's amazing what the dirt can do.

Lol, yeah, cleaned off some of the spokes altogether! It is a bit irritating actually that the willy wheels on the back looked better dirty cos the hid just how badly they need a refurb!

RenaultSport clio 182
@tom182 you should join up as a member, you're well in the running![/QUOTE]

I thought I was....do I have to rejoin every year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this is my official entry.[emoji4] After a lot of elbow grease the vans now clean!
Don't think I'm in the running, although still a respectful entry. Pretty sure John's won with his! I've done a John inspired shot too [emoji14]
8393fed9fe01aa7f5ce55b51607fb75f.jpg

a67a8082b9775095cde9c3574a805b7c.jpg

f3178db1c3ae363dfdc6e60517570fb4.jpg

I'd already cleaned my number plate a few days before washing it.
Wow there was so much grime even in the door shuts! Took me an age to do a decent clean. Muc off wouldn't even effect it! Had to coat the whole van in it again and use it as shampoo to clean it [emoji23] the grime was near bonded to the paint [emoji23]

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I was hoping the Megane was going to get filthy again, However the rain that we had has cleared most of the shite of the roads now so its just got some general grim eon it now, nothing like it was :(

Monaco 172
20161218_110311.jpg
20161218_110343.jpg
20161218_110353.jpg

Not as impressive as most of your filthy efforts, I've been using it to commute the last 2 weeks and its the dirtiest it's been in my ownership!! The rear wheels look their gunmetal grey haha.