ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Golf Club

DCi
Anyone playing this? Available for PC/PS4/Xbox

It isn't as polished looking as the EA franchise but it's beauty is in it's simplicity. There are no power meters so you are left to your own devices to gauge most shots, there are also no power ups so your drive will always be about 270 give or take a bit of wind

There is also a good editor but that's not for me

what really makes this game good is the website www.tgctours.com - you play a qualify 'tour' (6 rounds i think) which will basically handicap you into weekly tournaments - this website runs cross platform so you can compete against anyone then hopefully work your way up to their 'pga tour'

it's quite good I think!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I was going to pick between this or McIlroy but both were getting pretty bad reviews at the time... heard Everybody's Golf is the one to wait for. Do miss golf on the console 😧

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Yes. Own on Xbox One. I love it, but.....

I'm a massive Golfist and this game is a lot more 'technical' than your pick up and whack Tiger Woods - it requires some knowledge of shot shape, course management etc. to be very good - you can't just mash the spin button to correct an error. If 'power ups' are even on your radar I would say it's not the game for you. I'm sure someone who has no knowledge of actual Golf could play and enjoy but it's worth noting that this is much more of a 'players game' - almost sim like (apart from the terrible putting).

Completely incomparable to Everybody's Golf in the same way Mario Kart & Gran Turismo are both about racing, but are completely different.