ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Jolly Boys Outing 2015

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It may even just be easier for everyone to get a travel lodge or similar for when we get back on the Saturday.

That way we can use it as a base for the coach to pick us up from on the Saturday morning as well.

I need some feedback.

AK

M240i
As it's a year away, count me in, but will obviously depend on situation closer to the time, lol.

AK

M240i
I have no idea what it's about though? Haha, maybe too young ;).

But I like the idea of everyone spending the night in a Premier Inn/ similar hotel for a night of alcohol.

Mini Cooper S sport
Dreamland is reopening next year Steve. That was my motivation for doing this tbh. I'm sure we can find somewhere nice to stop on route. Herne bay is nearby and it's quite nice there. There's als a big harvester just between Herne bay and Margate.

I was down there a few months back to pick up some wheels. I know its a bit rough in Margate itself but the plan would really be to just go into dreamland and then maybe find pubs outside the town.

It doesn't really matter where we go anyway, as long as there is beer we'll have a laugh! Need to try and space this out between CSS and RDR camping.

So is the idea to book a hotel (with decent bar), go out for the day then all back to the hotel bar?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Cheers Ron didn't know dreamland was reopening- we used to go to the pub on the corner next door- think it was the ship but cant remember.

date dependent I will go :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It doesn't really matter where we go anyway, as long as there is beer we'll have a laugh! Need to try and space this out between CSS and RDR camping.

So is the idea to book a hotel (with decent bar), go out for the day then all back to the hotel bar?

Yeah that's one suggestion. We can find a hotel somewhere near the Dartford QE2 bridge and get the coach to pick us up and drop us off there after.

There quite a few hotels round there. I believe there's even a Hilton on the south side of the bridge.

Cheers Ron didn't know dreamland was reopening- we used to go to the pub on the corner next door- think it was the ship but cant remember.

date dependent I will go :)

Quality mate ;)

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah that's one suggestion. We can find a hotel somewhere near the Dartford QE2 bridge and get the coach to pick us up and drop us off there after.

There quite a few hotels round there. I believe there's even a Hilton on the south side of the bridge.

Quality mate ;)

Campanile - Did an excellent breakfast when I stayed. I mean, bluewater did. Worked out £25 when coming back from Le Mans.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Quick update.

It seems the restoration of the scenic railway is well under way.

Looking at these videos I doubt there's going to be much in the way of rides open for when we go down next summer. I'm still up for going though and It will be nice to see the park come back to life every year we go.

Plus if we go every year we will be doing our bit to help fund the project.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Bit of a bump.

I've been following the renovation of Dreamland on Facebook for some time and the park finally opened yesterday.

From what I can see it's going to be well worth a visit.

So I'm going to suggest a date of Sunday 20th September.

The plan will be to see how many people we get confirmed and see if it's worth hiring a minibus or getting the train down.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Bit of a bump.

I've been following the renovation of Dreamland on Facebook for some time and the park finally opened yesterday.

From what I can see it's going to be well worth a visit.

So I'm going to suggest a date of Sunday 20th September.

The plan will be to see how many people we get confirmed and see if it's worth hiring a minibus or getting the train down.

So first I wasn't tagged, then you arrange it when I'm in Corfu.

I thought we were tight man. :(