ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at 3 hours to charge a phone.

Thank f**k for fast charging. Fully charged in under an hour and a massive boost with 15 minutes charge time.

My work iPhone 6 takes about 1.5-2 hours to charge fully but then drops from 50% to 10% after a few hours.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just don't get it. It's 2016, my note 4 is 2 years old I think and I get over 50 percent in about 30 minutes.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Definitely decided on the Galaxy S7 for my next phone, not actually bought a new phone in years so looking forward to it but have any of you guys found any networks to be better than others? I've always been with 02/GiffGaff and all the best deals on the S7 seem to be with 3.

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
Best place to post this I guess...
I've got a Samsung S7 Edge, 4 months old. But I'm getting the itch to go back to an iPhone...considering just swapping it in with someone like CEX but the iPhone that is price comparable is the 6.

I don't keep up with release dates etc but I believe this would be a bit of a backward step in terms of technology inside the handset etc?

Any advice?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't every iphone handset a stepback in technology compared with new android phones?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Definitely decided on the Galaxy S7 for my next phone, not actually bought a new phone in years so looking forward to it but have any of you guys found any networks to be better than others? I've always been with 02/GiffGaff and all the best deals on the S7 seem to be with 3.

On the back of this I couldn't be bothered searching for deals anymore on the interweb for the sake of saving like £50 over 2 years so went to CarPhoneWarehouse and picked up a S7 on EE. Always had iPhones so it's so weird getting used to a totally different phone and physically it's massive compared to my iPhone 5.

Any recommendations on the micro sd cards to look at/avoid?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still heartbroken about the N7. I really really really wanted that phone. I was looking at getting the iphone 7 plus, played with Lisas and I don't think I can go back to apple. But then all I do with surf the net, use the camera, text and call.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but as soon as you want to change something if your phone is looking a bit boring you can. I changed my header line bar to transparent the other day... Only had the phone 2 years.

I've been using a new iPad air at work and I really hate. You simply do what it wants you to do but never stray from the Apple path.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but as soon as you want to change something if your phone is looking a bit boring you can. I changed my header line bar to transparent the other day... Only had the phone 2 years.

I've been using a new iPad air at work and I really hate. You simply do what it wants you to do but never stray from the Apple path.
What app did you use for that? Or you not on the stock launcher?

My S6 is dying! I was going to get an S7 but not 100% sold on in yet. The slight cureve on the screen will piss me off as you cant get screen protectors that dont lift and I need one as I scratched up my S6!

Anything else? Pixel is too much. iPhone 7 too much. Still tempted by a Nexus 5X even though they are getting on a bit now!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I love my one plus three.. there's a new on (read slightly upgraded facelift) out today / tomorrow.
The phone itself is fantastic though, great camera, very fast and feels quite premium for the price!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The new one should be pretty good by all accounts. Looking forward to seeing what it can do. I'm still nursing serious abscence of the Note 7... cannot bring myself to get rid of this awesome Note 4 yet! :eek:

New battery from Anker has transformed the thing, it's over 2 years old.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The new one should be pretty good by all accounts. Looking forward to seeing what it can do. I'm still nursing serious abscence of the Note 7... cannot bring myself to get rid of this awesome Note 4 yet! :blush:

New battery from Anker has transformed the thing, it's over 2 years old.
How odd! I was about to come in here and comment that if you were still on the N4 to buy a new battery. I got one yesterday and it's back to it's full glory. I'm keeping mine for now until something I really want comes out.
What did you pay? It cost me £30 but then it is genuine. So many fakes out there.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Anker for £18 didn't fancy the genuine item mate and Anker build quality s**t. Thought I'd give it a go.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I may buy a new battery for my N4. Atm it randomly switches off between 10-40% and can't be switched on until plugged in again. I've done a reset etc.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll wait for more reviews of the op3T at the end of the month. Very tempted.

Really fancied some waterproof next but can always change when the next decent Samsung comes out next year.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I may buy a new battery for my N4. Atm it randomly switches off between 10-40% and can't be switched on until plugged in again. I've done a reset etc.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
That's what mine was doing. Needs a battery mate. Mine will go right down to 1% now and lasts ages again. Before it could get to 20% and would turn off. Plug in the charger and it'll show 30% etc.
I ordered mine from here - http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-galaxy-note-4-standard-battery-with-nfc-p48532.htm
It's hard to find a genuine battery. These 100% are.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Well after two failed attempts for Vodafone to swap my sim to a nano sim, I got pissed off and took a pair of scissors to my sim card and cut the fucker down. So after three weeks I can now finally use my Nexus 6p.
I should of just cut it myself in the first place

Mito Sportiva 135
I normally am keen to upgrade my handset the very second I can - but this time I've gone sim only. For £19.99 I get 16GB of data and pretty much unlimited call and texts - also including my 4G tether device.
As I've got an iPhone 6 and still happy with it, I can just keep this for another year or so and buy a new handset outright. For anyone else happy with their phone, I'd recommend considering a sim only deal rather than just getting a new phone for the sake of it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The 6 is still pretty modern. The 5 looks a hundred years old now.

If the battery and software are still good then you're doing well.

Vodafone just changed my plan to sim only £20 a month and 8gb of 4g and unlimited everything. Oh and free Spotify premium for a year.

I'll keep my note 4 for now I think.

Excited by the new snapdragon chip.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I looked into sim only £20. Decided on an upgrade to the 7 from the 5s and don't regret it atall. I appreciate the 5 is old but it was great. Paying 44 a month with 20gb and unlimited everything.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Loving that 3+T. My battery really has transformed my phone.

Camera isn't up to par with the new big boys. Be interested to see what it's like compared with the new phones with average cameras.

Love it...

c3a9f080bf4a7b5b05deb0005a0d3fc8.jpg

Screen is mesmerising still after 2 and a bit years.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So my Nexus 6P has a slight warp to it. Apparently it's a common fault so I've rang Google yesterday and they sent me a replacement.

Only it's white... So I rang them back today and they said they only have white to which I said it looks crap and will get marked easily.

They're going to get back to me in 24 hours to see what they can do. Hoping for a refund on the 6P and discount on the Pixel XL. If they refund and expect me to pay full price for one I'll say no I'll take a Silver 6P like I'm entitled to under my 2 year warranty.

Let's see how we get on!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 50/50 on ordering a Pixel XL. Now I've seen one in the metal they're actually a good looking phone imo.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Still disputing with Google at the moment. This is the first bit of poor quality service I've had from them tbh.

I've now told them that they can give me the following in order of preference

Aluminium 6P
Black Pixel XL

And if I don't get a resolution asap trading standards will be getting involved.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I doubt you'll get anywhere on legal grounds, it'd be impossible for you to prove it's beyond fair wear and tear. Count yourself lucky they're replacing it and you're not dealing with a company that'll argue that you've damaged it etc etc.