ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I think it looks great.

I was buying a decal for the light strip, because the flashing orange light when the controller charges at night annoys me, then I got looking at custom controllers, and most of them just aren't that special.

But that one in all gold like the golden gun from 007.

You can have the buttons and analog sticks as bullets too, but I'm not sure that would make it good to use.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Anyone playing Metal Gear Solid? Just picked it up as my first game of 2016... graphics are on another level to other games I've played on here. Not sure about the credits after each episode thing though, kind of annoying.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone playing Metal Gear Solid? Just picked it up as my first game of 2016... graphics are on another level to other games I've played on here. Not sure about the credits after each episode thing though, kind of annoying.
Was my game of the year last year probably, tied with Witcher 3. Truly brilliant game, ended up putting just shy of 200 hours into it, completed 100% with all S-Rank.

Some of the best game mechanics ever, the stealth mechanics and the feel and precision of the shooting is top notch, and the equipment upgrades are really rewarding and can completely change the game when you start to unlock certain weapons.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm not a 100% kind of guy lol. Tend to stick to main missions only... just usually get bored of things. I got it on the basis of some great reviews, however I've since read a lot of people saying that it's a good game, but not a good MGS. I loved the first one, but haven't actually played any since, so I guess I haven't really got those comparisons to make anyway!

It was between that or Fallout 4. Might get that after, but it depends if Uncharted is out by then!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I only tend to 100% games that I truly love. 100%ing MGS was just an excuse to keep on playing it.

I think for the hardcore MGS fan, the change to the open world format was different. But only different, in terms of pulling it off they did an excellent job. Game is also a bit less cut-scene/story heavy, which I think is a move that generally suits the average modern day gamer, but true MGS fans might've liked a bit more story depth. There is depth there though, but it's not given to you, there are lots of references to previous MGS titles, like you can go and visit Paz in the medical bay and give her photos and she references moments from earlier in the story, also, lots of the optional cassette tapes offer a lot of MGS lore. The map is well used, it didn't feel big for the sake of being big like lots of other open world games, nearly all of the world got used at some point or other during missions.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
There's some amazing deals on PSN Canada for anyone who didn't play some of last years best games:

Bloodborne - £14.48
The Witcher 3 - £18.63
Project Cars - £12.94
MGSV:TPP - £20.15

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
In terms of price point they've really delivered, lots of people in the US were saying there's no chance they'll bring it in under $500 and then they announce it's going to be $400, they smashed it out the park.

However, it'll be interesting to see how many games need the PS Camera and the Move controllers, because if they are needed then it's not really fair to compare to the price of the Rift and Vive because their price includes the peripherals needed, and most PS4 owners won't have the Camera or Move controllers so will have to buy them also, increasing the cost.

Honda. Tesla Someday
In terms of price point they've really delivered, lots of people in the US were saying there's no chance they'll bring it in under $500 and then they announce it's going to be $400, they smashed it out the park.

However, it'll be interesting to see how many games need the PS Camera and the Move controllers, because if they are needed then it's not really fair to compare to the price of the Rift and Vive because their price includes the peripherals needed, and most PS4 owners won't have the Camera or Move controllers so will have to buy them also, increasing the cost.

PS Camera is a MUST - it will not work without it.
Move controllers are required depending on the game - testers have said that the system works a lot better with them though so if you invest in PSVR - I recommend getting the Move controllers too!

hope that helps!

Edit: quick thing: IF you want the PSVR but you do not have the PS Camera, I suggest you buy one second hand NOW before the price explodes!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone still playing project cars?
Trying to get into it but the handling with the controller is just shite.
First bend on oulton its just spins EVERY time. f**king awful.
Not sure if i have to mess with the settings?
Really not enjoying it lol.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Sorted it now. Is a lot better than the standard config. Dont know why its like that tbh. Was like driving on ice.
Im guessing its 100x better with a wheel and pedals though.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
COD's sh**e now and I refuse to pay £69 for Modern Warfare (possibly the best COD followed by BLOPS).

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I went into Game yesterday as I have some gift cards.
How the f**k can they justify still charging £49 for The Last of Us.

There's bugger all out that I want yet. Not sure if I'll get the new BF straight away although I have been enjoying the little time I've had on the Beta.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Who's getting one?

_91063531_ps4pro.jpg

Not me... not really bothered. Do want to pick up VR at some point though.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ok, we all know by now that I play mainly on my PC and Xbox One.
However, I was excited for the Sony PlayStation Meeting. I watched it, and like most people, I feel deflated. Allow me to explain:

PlayStation Slim... its a PS4, but smaller. Soon to be patched with HDR. The end. - ok then.
PlayStation 4 Pro (Neo): this is where it all fell apart. Firstly it has no 4K Bluray drive. It has HDR and 4K upscaling / 4K video. Sony also refused to reveal system specs.

The whole 'meeting' was deflated. There was no excitement in their voices and it was all really dull? What the heck is going on at Sony? They raise the price of PSN, they release the Slim that has no actual upgrade, and reveal the Pro that has a slower clock speed than the Xbox One Scorpio, no 4K BluRay and nothing else?

My point is, there was a lot of hype around this 'PlayStation Meeting', and this is all that came from it? Sony hiding their system specs because they are quite under powered compared to the Scorpio?

Xbox One S: HDR gaming, 4K video, 4K BluRay, 4K upscaling and a mild GPU boost over standard Xbox One.
PS4 Slim: HDR Gaming. Nothing else.

Xbox One Scorpio: HDR gaming, 4K Video, 4K BluRay, 4K native games + upscaled games + a huge GPU boost.
PS4 Pro: HDR gaming, 4K Video, 4K upscaling. No 4K BluRay, fair but not huge GPU boost.

Not being a fanboy or bashing Sony here, but what the heck were they thinking? Even friends of mine who love the PlayStation are like "wtf is this?!"

What does everyone else think?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sorted it now. Is a lot better than the standard config. Dont know why its like that tbh. Was like driving on ice.
Im guessing its 100x better with a wheel and pedals though.
Try 1,000% better, lol.

Not got on the PS4, but PC. I need to have a dabble with the 360 pad settings as I've heard some good feedback when setup right. However, even with my elderly Logitrch G25, it plays really well.

Funny you mention Oulton as I managed to get the Evo to drift so controllably through Island Bend, quite consistently. It required a far bit of trial and error, but once I got it, the speed going into Island was impressive. I doubt I'd ever manage that without a wheel.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
However, I was excited for the Sony PlayStation Meeting. I watched it, and like most people, I feel deflated. Allow me to explain:

PlayStation Slim... its a PS4, but smaller. Soon to be patched with HDR. The end. - ok then.
PlayStation 4 Pro (Neo): this is where it all fell apart. Firstly it has no 4K Bluray drive. It has HDR and 4K upscaling / 4K video. Sony also refused to reveal system specs.

The whole 'meeting' was deflated. There was no excitement in their voices and it was all really dull? What the heck is going on at Sony? They raise the price of PSN, they release the Slim that has no actual upgrade, and reveal the Pro that has a slower clock speed than the Xbox One Scorpio, no 4K BluRay and nothing else?

My point is, there was a lot of hype around this 'PlayStation Meeting', and this is all that came from it? Sony hiding their system specs because they are quite under powered compared to the Scorpio?

Xbox One S: HDR gaming, 4K video, 4K BluRay, 4K upscaling and a mild GPU boost over standard Xbox One.

Xbox One Scorpio: HDR gaming, 4K Video, 4K BluRay, 4K native games + upscaled games + a huge GPU boost.
PS4 Pro: HDR gaming, 4K Video, 4K upscaling. No 4K BluRay, fair but not huge GPU boost.

Not being a fanboy or bashing Sony here, but what the heck were they thinking? Even friends of mine who love the PlayStation are like "wtf is this?!"

The review on TV just seemed gutless. Why not just keep their traps shut and pursue the PS5?

It just dilutes the product as a whole when revamps are released with little in the way of true improvements.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh, the specs of the new machines don't bother me.
I bought a ps4 at launch and it'll do for a few more years, by which, both Sony and Microsoft would have brought out another console.
I don't have a 4k TV so that aspect doesn't bother me either.

If I was console-less then I'd probably be looking towards Microsoft if I'm honest.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'd have probably upgraded on the basis of it having a 4K Blu Ray drive. Shame

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Sold my PS4 and getting the Xbox One S in a few weeks! The presenters had no personality at the event yesterday, it was so boring even the audience were lifeless.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Probably will end up getting it for the 4K gaming. I stream pretty much all my films so not bothered about the blue ray drive tbh.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Have you tried the VR btw?

I bought Oculus Rift and it made me sick as a dog from motion sickness. Ended up selling it in the end.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Probably will end up getting it for the 4K gaming. I stream pretty much all my films so not bothered about the blue ray drive tbh.
Don't get too excited mate, there won't be many games natively at 4K as the performance of the GPU isn't enough to achieve it. The majority will be upscaled using one of two methods available to developers; a fixed (pre-determined) resolution of 1080p or higher that is then upscaled to 4K - or - dynamic resolution rendering whereby the internal buffer resolution scales dynamically depending on the performance hit (so a few frames might render at 1080p, the next frames render at 1440p, and then the next at 900p).

For one, I would guess that the price difference will be significant between the Scorpio and the Pro(?).
Secondly, I can't imagine their target audience is the kind of person who runs benchmark tests or for that matter, watches launch events.

Fiesta ST-2
PS4 was a pointless upgrade IMO, majority of games were still released on PS3 and graphics are hardly that much more impressive on PS4. Won't be wasting my money on this upgrade.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
QQ I have a Panasonic Plasma, 2014 VT50. It's an awesome TV and still considered to be up there with the best.

Will I notice a difference when playing games in 4K or as the tv isn't 4K will it just does downscale the quality?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You can't boost pixels past the maximum amount of pixels the screen has available. You might get better colours and smoother gameplay, although without HDR you might not even see improved colours.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Gaming on the ps4. Have an lg 37" but it's near on 6 years, still works well etc. We're after a tv for the man room at some point, close to a 50" without the obscene costs If that can be done.