ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I did have a Maxwell Titan lol.

Yeah, they need a kick up the arse with this naming convention, as if busting peoples nuts isn't enough that just bought a Ti waiting on the next "best thing".

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
As said, nVidia were always going to bring this fully-enabled version out at some point (as opposed to only having all cores unlocked on their top-end Quadro cards). It's stupid, it's going to frustrate a few people and it's nVidia's way - "nVidia, the way it's meant to be milked"... :) For the majority (i.e. those who aren't @Silent_Scone) there's little point in spending near on double the money when the 1080 Ti is going to practically offer an identical experience.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
As said, nVidia were always going to bring this fully-enabled version out at some point (as opposed to only having all cores unlocked on their top-end Quadro cards). It's stupid, it's going to frustrate a few people and it's nVidia's way - "nVidia, the way it's meant to be milked"... :smile: For the majority (i.e. those who aren't @Silent_Scone) there's little point in spending near on double the money when the 1080 Ti is going to practically offer an identical experience.

Actually, even then there is the potential for outright failure. If you have a good clocking 1080Ti or TX, and end up with a lemon TXP, you may end up having the same or less performance even with the extra 256 cores lol :D

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So I bought myself a nice new keyboard (RGB obviously lol) in an effort to learn how to "game" with a keyboard. Takes a bit of getting used to just typing with the mechanical keyboard never mind play games.

It really isnt easy, particularly Battlefield 1, swapping from controller to keyboard. So many different keys to remember. The dexterity in the left hand just aint that good lol. Will persevere with it though.

Cant be part of the master race if one cannot drive a keyboard in game lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The new Unigine 2 "Superposition" Benchmark is a bit of a GPU-basher! :tongueout:
Downloaded it and gave it a whirl. Seems strange to not have a QHD (1440P) preset when that seems to be the "on the up" resolution. I dare say that it'll be there for the paid version of the app.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Downloaded it and gave it a whirl. Seems strange to not have a QHD (1440P) preset when that seems to be the "on the up" resolution. I dare say that it'll be there for the paid version of the app.
It is there mate... you can run it at 8k if you have the hardware... :)

Make sure you select the 'Custom' preset and then choose your resolution :)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_10833_1492342873.png

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Managed to "up my score" with some OC'ing of the GPU:

34034205716_f056864587_b.jpg

Will be interesting to see the difference once the Ti arrives. Could only go 100MHz on both memory and core clock on the 1070. It could finish the benchmark on +110 on both but there was artifacts caused straight away so turned it back down a touch.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
#NoPoors

To be fair I wrote that thinking it's only been a year since I got my card, but it's 2 years this year (I got it the month it launched) and it's not like the *70 cards are cheap.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So I bought myself a nice new keyboard (RGB obviously lol) in an effort to learn how to "game" with a keyboard. Takes a bit of getting used to just typing with the mechanical keyboard never mind play games.

It really isnt easy, particularly Battlefield 1, swapping from controller to keyboard. So many different keys to remember. The dexterity in the left hand just aint that good lol. Will persevere with it though.

Cant be part of the master race if one cannot drive a keyboard in game lol.

That can be an issue. However, the accuracy taken up with the mouse is sublime. Once you get your head around it, the slick and smooth operation of targeting with a mouse becomes second nature. Just in the same way that in driving games, a wheel is far more subtle and specific with steering inputs than a pad could ever be.

The single issue of concern I have - and one that I've seen with increasing regularity - is the lack of scroll-wheel support. For years, the scroll-wheel was the de facto input method of switching between your kit or inventory. It worked and worked really well - allowing you to move, aim and be switching kit in one smooth action.

As consoles have no scroll-wheels, a lot of newer cross-platform games now default the weapons to the likes of 1, 2, 3 etc along the top - with each item requiring its own key. This isn't slick - it's anything but. Yet within the options screen, there simply isn't an option to combine all 1-7 items on the scroll movement of the mouse wheel. Some games thankfully, are the exception to the rule. In Warframe for example, I have the cycling through the 5 available powers on the up scroll of the wheel and the weapons cycling on the downward scroll. When things get busy, this is a godsend, allowing you to chop and change on the fly, very quickly.

Try using a gameboard. They are like keyboards but evolved..... :cool:

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
The Strix I've been sampled is getting it's arsed handed to it by my old Titan X (Pascal). Not sure why. Can't even break 10K at 2100Mhz (as my score above). The TX is on water, though.

They should be pretty even, gonna have a fiddle later, but ultimately want to get this one under water

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The Strix I've been sampled is getting it's arsed handed to it by my old Titan X (Pascal). Not sure why. Can't even break 10K at 2100Mhz (as my score above). The TX is on water, though.

They should be pretty even, gonna have a fiddle later, but ultimately want to get this one under water

I was/am very tempted to cancel my pre-order for the FTW3 Ti and buy the STRIX Ti as OCUK have some available for delivery tomorrow.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Yeah I was thinking of picking up another one as I've sold my TX, and run SLI. It's a very nice card, but big also. 65c under load is the highest I've seen with a conservative fan profile

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Most of these higher end air Ti cards all clock to the same values really anyway don't they. So really there's not much performance differences.