ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The what do I do with this thread

Clio 172 Merc ML55
So a couple of weeks ago I bought a 182-172 manifold link pipe off a member on here, I go to pick it up and end up chatting as you do, and to cut a long story short I buy his cup too (after some negotiation with my wife of course ;)) anyway to the burning question, what do I do with it?

DSC_0136.JPG

Screenshot_20170325-085426.png

My only intention at the time was to buy it for parts for my track/race car as its the same colour but I'm now in two minds, apart from a little surface bubbling on the rear arches as can just be seen in the 2nd pic and the reasonably high mileage it's a cheap little car (will need belts and deceased doing but to be fair these would be done before the engine went into mine anyway)

Its still got 6 months Mot too

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Rear quarter looks slightly dodgy, it had a total respray on the panel?
Couldve been in a rear end shunt, hence bubbling rust and non cup spoiler. Check boot for creasing.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'd imagine someone would be interested in having to track.

That's option 3 that I didn't mention, admittedly I haven't had a proper look over it yet but it's arguably a better shell than my current car, decisions decisions.

Its also got climate control too

@Chris_Beer I am tempted but I know I'd end up spending an absolute fortune, and that would take money out of the budget for racing (competitive, not just track days)

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Rear quarter looks slightly dodgy, it had a total respray on the panel?
Couldve been in a rear end shunt, hence bubbling rust and non cup spoiler. Check boot for creasing.

Didn't notice anything when I looked it over, I knew about the spoiler before buying so I'm not too worried about any accident damage, I also trust the guy I bought it off.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Just a small 144k :smile:

Engine has done approx 90, just need to find the paperwork again

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Never going to be worth loads then mate I'd do whatever you feel like tbh but it would be nice to keep it alive :up:

Thats my thought, and to be fair I didn't pay much for it, I want to keep it going but financially it may be worth more to me as spares for my current one